Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think?

Morning all

Can you have a look at my Etsy and see what you think?
    I have put a few pieces on. Having a panic mode?
    Do you think things like these would sell at fairs? (i know you never know what does and doesn't sell but I don't want to keep buying and making if i'm barking up the wrong tree?)
    Are they to expensive? i didn't think so, but my other half has commented a couple of times?

Anyway, maybe some pointers from a customers point of view and Fairs/Etsy users????

homesewhome on Etsy, sorry don't know how to do a link lol!!!

Thanks
    Last edited by ree1977; 22-01-2013, 08:32 AM. Reason: missed off shop

Hi.... I've just set up my Etsy shop too.... It's a bit involved, isn't it? Anyway, I think your prices are a little cheap. Have you worked out the actual cost of making the items, including your time and electricity, etc? As I'm new to this myself I'm not sure what will sell at craft fairs though.
    Julie and Beverley - JuBerry Fabrics & Designs
    JuBerry Website
    Facebook Page
    Etsy Shop
    Blog

Comment

Hi
      Daunting to know what is correct to sell and not and if anyone see's what you are selling, I am trying to build a website but I am so not techy and i'm pulling my hair out with it lol!
      Yes the prices would be correct, I have access to some very good prices on fabric and I do alot of sourcing and sale hunting. The thing I thought may put people off is not including the cushion insert? I am wanting to sell a different array of things at fairs, not just cushions, I want to include many different items, i'm off soon to do more bargain hunting.

Comment

I'm sure you'll get lots more advise from the other forum members on here. As to the website, have you looked at Weebly? It's free and very easy to use. Mine was created using that. One tip though, is to make use of columns in the layout as that helps make it lookmore professional. Also, I was very quickly told (and quite rightly too), that I didn't comply with Distant Selling Regs which is against the law. So make sure you include info on you adress, postage, returns, etc. I'm happy to help if you want to PM me....
        Good luck
        Beverley
        Julie and Beverley - JuBerry Fabrics & Designs
        JuBerry Website
        Facebook Page
        Etsy Shop
        Blog

Comment

Pleeeeeease PM me, id apprieciate any help
          Thanks

Comment

As I can't see a link to your etsy shop I can't comment

But things to remember when pricing

How much did the materials cost
            How much will I be paying in Etsy listing fee's and commission
            How much will I have to pay in fee's to ebay
            How much time and skill did it take to make
            How much does postage and packaging cost me to send an item

Are other crafters making the same kind of thing if so how much are they charging ie if I'm really undercharging it will discourage buyers as they'll equate cheap price to a 'cheap, badly made item'
            Do I want to sell at a loss or a profit?
            So many projects, so little time

http://folksy.com/shops/eileenscraftstudio

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Fol...92535377497013

Comment

Working...
            X