Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy Brads?...Help!

Hi
    I have been making cards for quite some time and have avoided the decoupage, brads, toppers route as I have always tried to recycle bits and bobs instead, however I have seen some beautiful brads just lately, but wondered where fellow crafters buy these from. Hobbycraft or similar prices is just out of the question, as I craft on a very small budget! Any advice please. Thanks x
    www.sophiecates.co.uk

How much do you expect/want to pay per brad? Are you looking for a basic round brad or something decorative/vintage/filligree or perhaps with a gem in it? They range from pennies each to 50p+ each, depending what you are after.

Comment

Not too much I do like the more decorative filligree or vintage ones, do you know a good supplier for them? Thanks.
      www.sophiecates.co.uk

Comment

yes but those fancy brads are upwards of 50 p each. Do you want to spend that much on brads?

I have tried a cheaper method of making something like a fancy brad when I'm trying to make a fastener for a handbag card. I punch a circle out of gold or silver card and put a filligree circle on it. I then put a small plain brad through the middle of it. The filligree bits are meant to be used for (cheap?) jewellery. I buy the chain to make three dimensional handbag cards too. I will try to add the link to the ebay supplier I get them from. If I order a few bits they usually send some extras too. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-Gold-To...item4ab2654bf3

Comment

Hi
          We sell lots of different types of brads in our online store, not sure I can post a link yet as I am new?
          hth
          thanks
          Jo
          My Scrapbooking Store

Comment

Working...
          X