With all this snow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With all this snow?

With all this snow. How much crafting are you getting done. Are you doing more or less or the same?
    Habbyworld Sewing Supplies Website

Habbyworld Facebook

A bit less, actually. I still haven't got my mojo back after the festive holiday, and my studio is a bit cold so I don't feel like going in there!
    Daesul

http://www.clairemanwani.com
    http://www.folksy.com/shops/clairemanwani
    http://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/ClaireManwaniPottery

Comment

Not getting much done. Seriously demotivated at the mo. unfortunately whenever I sit own to craft I feel guilty that I should be doing some work on he NVQ I'm doing and when I get my NVQ stuff out, lots of crafting ideas pop into my head, hence nothing is getting done!!
      Wid

Comment

I have been very productive with it being so cold and wet outside and not wanting to go out. The heater has been on full and the kettle has never been off. I have been making myself us up my old stock of beads before the new ones arrive because if I do not they will end up being put in a box and not used.
        I have made some nice pieces of handmade jewellery and usualy at this time of the year it takes me a while ti become creative again
        I do hope that it starts to get warmer soon tho or I will end up being 20 stones with all the biscuits I am having with my coffee
        Julie
        Uk made handcrafted jewellery seen here
        jewellery made by hand found here
        Unique and unusual necklaces at this site
        "Fashion comes and goes but style is eternal" Yves St Lauren

Comment

I've done a little more because several things I had planned have been cancelled due to the snow, thereby freeing up some precious time!
          Lyn
          Annie and Lyn
          www.rosiepink.typepad.co.uk

Comment

I'm getting less done.

It's not a busy order for me at the moment anyway but I've been bust thinking of new gifts etc. I'm waiting for some supplies to come in the post which is holding me up and highly frustrating since I'm trying something new and I really want to get cracking with it.

Mind you, even if supplies do come tomorrow is a snow day for my 2 children so they are at home for another day - still knowing that already beats the 2 hour round walking trip I made on fri lunch time to collect them from their schools!

Fiona
            x
            http://www.samigailsgifts.co.uk/
            Handmade personalised gifts for all occasions created by the art of pyrography
            My Facebook

Comment

I've been crafting my way all through the winter. I'm wondering how much i'll get done in the summer. Cant wait to sit outside and feel the warmth of the sun, hook and wool in hand

Comment

I'm getting about the same amount done. I have been out to enjpy the snow but also got some patchwork done.
                View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Well, winter is a time of rest, but i get a lot more done than in summer.
                  Check out my page on various paracord projects you can make!

Comment

I have been doing some more crochet and knitting lately, as I can't go out anywhere and my DH is off work while the snow is on the ground. He loves watching the really old films on tv so I have been making stuff to pass the time. I am now on my 3rd crochet baby blanket and 1/2 way through a knitted scarf. I have to get some more white wool to continue my crochet so a trip to the shops is on the cards for tomorrow, luckily I can walk to the shops though I know it will be icy.
                    I cancelled my January farmers market before xmas as that is always really slow for me, a good job too cos I wouldn't have been able to get there anyway.

Melanie

Comment

Originally posted by silvermaid View Post
                      I have been doing some more crochet and knitting lately, as I can't go out anywhere and my DH is off work while the snow is on the ground. He loves watching the really old films on tv so I have been making stuff to pass the time. I am now on my 3rd crochet baby blanket and 1/2 way through a knitted scarf. I have to get some more white wool to continue my crochet so a trip to the shops is on the cards for tomorrow, luckily I can walk to the shops though I know it will be icy.
                      I cancelled my January farmers market before xmas as that is always really slow for me, a good job too cos I wouldn't have been able to get there anyway.

Melanie
                      Any way you could show off your work?
                      Check out my page on various paracord projects you can make!

Comment

In Zagreb, Croatia there is also a lot of snow, more than ever in hundred years. I hate the winter and snow and darkness, so I am not productive as I am during spring or summer.

http://nest2rest.blogspot.com/
                        Last edited by angelajela; 21-01-2013, 02:47 PM. Reason: e
                        http://nest2rest.blogspot.com/

Comment

The weather hasnt affected my crafting, i dont go out much, i mainly do cross stitching, and i was making a lot of cards recently, but just sticking to cross stitching now, when i get the time, my little son keeps me busy most of the time, i like the snow and winter weather,
                          www.anothercraftdone.blogspot.co.uk

Comment

So by the looks of it. Some people love to craft and others just find any excuse not to do any.
                            Habbyworld Sewing Supplies Website

Habbyworld Facebook

Comment

I think I have done more crafting because I have a lovely warm radiator next to my craft desk. Have been trying out a few ideas which I might not have done had I not wanted to be nice & warm. Have also caught up with the ironing which is very good for keeping hands warm - jewellery making with numb, blue fingers is hopeless.
                              JOIAS DESIGNS

Comment

Working...
                              X