Business Card Bank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Business Card Bank

Right...another idea (less complicated this time though honest)..
    Would anyone like to join me in a business card 'bank'?
    I post out between 10-50 parcels a day (not as many 50 as i'd like but hey!). I always put my card in so I was thinking does anyone else want me to put one of their in...then I thought why not expand it to the whole group?
    I was thinking people could send me batches of cards...as many as they want to recieve back between 20-100 with a SAE and I'd send back a selection of cards from other crafters (preferably not in the same field as the person who sent them). The more people who join the better, I just think it a good way to cross promote and get ourselves out there to new people...what does everyone else think?
    Dichroic Fused Glass Jewellery & Glass Fusing Blog
    Dichroic Glass Tutorials
    Wholesale Dichroic Fused Glass Jewellery

Thats seems a great idea although it would depend on how many cards you were intending to send out in one go. Too many could have a negative effect.

Maybe if you produced a small flyer or postcard with some details and charge a few pennies to cover costs. People may be inclined to keep one card rather than half a dozen.

Im down with Fraggle Rock

Fraggies Fripperies

http://fraggiesfripperies.blogspot.com

Comment

I agree...I don't think bombarding people with cards is good but I think 2-3 at a time won't do any harm. There wouldn't be any charge either as it's effectively advertising for everyone...people would send as many cards as they want to recieve and would send a self address envelope (with a large letter stamp, 48p) to cover postage etc. I have to test but I think 48p should just about cover upto a hundred ...I'll test it if the idea is a goer.
      Dichroic Glass Tutorials

Comment

yes, sounds a good idea to me.

Another good one is your mail signature - we could all put one or two of each others in with ours when writing to customers, friends and family.......what do you think?

Pauline
        Personalised Wedding Cake Toppers

Comment

Katianne tried organising something like this before, and we were all enthusiastic about it in principle but I don't think it ever took off.

http://www.craftsforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4487

How about doing one A4 flyer or something with everybody's details on and a calender in the middle or something, you know like local businesses do on big A3 planners with all their adverts round the outside?

Or a little newsletter type thing.....?
          Blog Website Flickr

Comment

I don't give in too easily!...The way i'm organising it, it will work with 2 people as well as it will with 20. You get out what you put in and it only costs the price of a stamp. I'll let the idea fester for a day or two then give a few details of where to post the cards to and when to start it off..then as it goes on we can just add to the mix.
            Dichroic Glass Tutorials

Comment

*bump*....I'm bumping this thread again. Anyone interested in swapping business cards PM me and i'll give you my address. I'll see how many I get in by the first week or so in January then start sending the cards back out to anyone involved....we can at least give it a go!
              Dichroic Glass Tutorials

Comment

I'll give it a go - please pm me with your address! Would a little flyer (A6) size be ok to send to you? I send these out with the orders I get (and ebay sales when I get round to listing!)

Comment

Yep, sounds fine. I've just sent you my details...Anymore takers?
                  Dichroic Glass Tutorials

Comment

Electronic Business Cards

Hi Everyone,

Whilst I'm not a seasoned crafter like all you crafty and creative sorts out there - this is the sort of thing that I do for a living:-

Why don't you have an electronic business card with an electronic brochure done where all the businessed could be categorised and a bit about what you do, your contact details, etc, like a personalised directory. The best thing is that it's an interactive electronic book which can hold videos and stuff and all links that are in there take the person directly to your website with the click of their mouse.

Would any of you be interested in it?

Ladybenj x
                    Smile and the world smiles with you, laugh and I think it's about me!

Comment

Working...
                    X