Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Web site help

Morning all.

I need a web site and have no idea where to start. Can someone help?? Please note I'm no way at all computer savvy when it comes to this so I need the easiest site builder possible. What ones can you guys recommend??
    Thanks all.

I know a lot of crafters use webden, think they have templates plus Create is another

Comment

Hi.... There is also weebly which I found very intuitive. Please feel free to pm me if you would like specific advice.
      Good luck
      Julie and Beverley - JuBerry Fabrics & Designs
      JuBerry Website
      Facebook Page
      Etsy Shop
      Blog

Comment

I started out with Mr site, but found it a bit time consuming and had restrictions.
        I now use create and have no problems at all. Infact I have just put together a website for a freind on the same system.
        full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

I definitely recommend Create. They also have a free 30 day trial so you can have a play around & see how everything works. It takes a little bit of getting used to what everything does but their help files are excellent & will walk you through every step of the way.

I moved from Mr Site & I know there are lots and lots of Create users who did the same &, like me, haven't looked back! I actually got my site built & ready to go within the 30 day trial so I was ready to go once the time came to actually pay.
          Ali x

Etsy Shop: aliscraftstudio.etsy.com
          Facebook: AlisCraftStudio
          Follow me on Twitter:
          @AlisCraftStudio

Comment

I would recommend Weebly too so it looks as though you have a couple of options so far. What I like about Weebly is the drag and drop way you build it which is actually very flexible and as has been said before it's very intuitive. In total I've built 3 websites with Weebly and as a free service I think it's awesome. Once upon a time I was paying around £70 a year for a website where I couldn't even do half of what I can do with Weebly (I am in no way affiliated with them, I just love them!)
            Custom tribal belly dance costumes & accessories

Unique jewellery for those who love to turn heads

Comment

Another Create user here!! It's very easy to start and the support from the Create team is superb! And I find them great value for money! Would highly recommend!
              x
              Sarah x

~ The Lilac Dragonfly- Handmade Jewellery ~

~ Facebook Page ~

Comment

Originally posted by AliCat View Post
                I definitely recommend Create. They also have a free 30 day trial so you can have a play around & see how everything works. It takes a little bit of getting used to what everything does but their help files are excellent & will walk you through every step of the way.

and this is easy to prolong for a second month for free!
                full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Originally posted by beadsbydesign View Post
                  and this is easy to prolong for a second month for free!
                  I prolonged mine for just over 3 months as I told them I wasn't ready to go live until my subscription had ended with my previous lot....they were great and told me to just let them know when I WAS ready...I subscribed well before my old one ran out in the end as the old lot were totally rubbish tbh...
                  Sarah x

~ The Lilac Dragonfly- Handmade Jewellery ~

~ Facebook Page ~

Comment

Thanks all.
                    I've had a look at create and started the 30 day thing but I'm struggling to find my way round it???? I start building bits and bobs then I finish, save and then it's vanished, something I must be doing. Have emailed them so hopefully they'll help me out.
                    Thanks again.

Comment

I like Weebly. It was easy to add my domain name to it as well.
                      Carol
                      Pop Up Zoo Greetings cards - Raising money for Sands in memory of my precious son Ben Folksy Shop, Facebook Page, You Tube
                      Carol's Yummy Bakes - My new business Website, Facebook Page

Comment

I use weebly. I'm a twit when it comes to computer speak, but I managed okay.
                        www.dementiaactivitysupplies.weebly.com

https://www.facebook.com/Dementia-Activity-Supplies

Comment

Not sure, whether you can have an access to the Create Forum whilst you have your free trial, so ask away here - happy to help.

Once you subscribe the Forum and Blog is really useful for getting into the detail.
                          Passionate about all things handmade...

Proud owner of WowThankYou - stylish and affordable way of selling your crafts and makes

Friendly advice and coaching for small businesses

Cocoa & Heart Website

Comment

Their support is superb so I am sure they will help you x Good luck with your site. Feel free to have a look around mine if you'd like xx www.studiocrafts.net (this is a Create site)
                            Ali x

Etsy Shop: aliscraftstudio.etsy.com
                            Facebook: AlisCraftStudio
                            Follow me on Twitter:
                            @AlisCraftStudio

Comment

Working...
                            X