Hello Again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Again!

Hi, not been on here for a while as we've had a funny old year but it's nice to be back.

We closed down the pottery which was very sad but hey ho . . . . one door closes etc. I've now taken up KNITTING (which I hadn't done for years) and I'm loving it. The yarns available nowadays are just fantastic. A bit less messy than pottery and my fingernails look almost human again.

We sold a lot of our stuff, and our small kiln, to a fellow potter we met through craft fairs (he trades under Snail Pottery) and his work is wonderful, much of it based on the sea and coastline. We were never in the same league and it's a lovely thought to know that our much loved little kiln is firing such wonderful stuff.

We're still organising five Art & Craft fairs a year in Oakham, Market Harborough and Syston. They're totally handmade, only original artwork accepted, no franchises or licensees and no bought in whatsoever. This years dates and details are on our website so if you're in or around Leicestershire and would like to apply (or find out more) please send me a pm or contact us through the website.

I feel as though I've been abroad and now back among old (and new) friends on here. Happy New Year to everyone, and really hope it's a good one for us all.
    Kate
    www.cuckoos-nest-fairs.co.uk

Happy New Year to you (& Mick) too Kate! It's great to see you back on here, and glad to hear the fairs are still going well.

I'm still on a 'sabbatical' from selling at fairs, which may well turn out to be a permanent decision as I enjoy just making for fun or to order at the moment I'm running a few local handmade fairs this year too as well as the one at Warks, and luckily the dates don't clash with any of yours so I may actually get a chance to pop up to one or two of your events to say hello!

Wishing you all the best for 2013!!

Claire
    Website; www.midshiresmakers.co.uk
    Facebook Pages: www.facebook.com/weedoncraftmarket
    www.facebook.com/craftshoppingexperience

Comment

Hello Kate. Nice to see you back in the fold again. Sorry about your pottery but good luck with the knitting.
      Carol
      God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Working...
      X