A4 Laminator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A4 Laminator

Anyone recommend an A4 laminating machine. Seems to be loads on Amazon ( other shop sites available obviously ) ranging in price from £15 to hundreds and some of the cheaper ones have as good feedback as the more expensive ones. Just want to laminate labels and POS notices so any advice and recommendations would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

Mo.XX
    Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    www.bodrighy.co.uk
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

I recently bought the TEXET A4 Personal Laminator LMA4-V from Wilkinsons for about £12.--. I am not a heavy user but use it to make posters and labels when I do exhibitions. I am very happy with it and had I realised before how cheap they are would have bought one ages ago.

Comment

I have the Swordfish one and very happy. This is coming from someone who normally goes through laminators like a dose of salts and this one is still going strong after 2 years, does A4 2 thickness's and smaller ie name badge size etc.

Comment

Whichever you go for check it doesn't need specific pockets. My sister had one that didn't take the usual cheapy ones, made it unuseably expensive.

But we have £40 ones at work, and we teachers murder the poor things. Ours is still going strong after 4 years and 16 people using it regularly!
        Do not watch this space

Comment

I love mine. It's a Texet LM - 270.

Comment

I got the cheapest one I could find at Wilko's about six months ago - I think its the one already mentioned here for £12 - and I cannot fault it whatever I have done with it.The lamination is really secure and weatherproof; I laminated a bus timetable that has now been hanging off the bus post in the village for the past three months in all this rain with no sign of peeling or water incursion.

It's been in regular use by a few other people as well as me.

Comment

Originally posted by harebell View Post
              TEXET A4 Personal Laminator LMA4-V from Wilkinsons for about £12
              I, too, use this laminator. My local Robert Dyas has it on sale at the moment. It will take pouches up to 150 micron.

I will add a word of caution about this particular model: it is very particular and can easily misfeed. I'm on my FOURTH machine because all the others have misfed... the sheet goes in, but doesn't come out the other side. Unfortunately, by the time you realise, it is often too late to turn off and pull the sheet out again.

From what I've observed, the sheet is not fed in straight; I believe it feeds onto and around/though a roller(s). If you watch a sheet being fed in, it doesn't emerge quite at the moment you would expect, hence my conjecture. I would suggest that if the sheet does not enter the machine correctly, it somehow get wrapped around the roller mechanism and fuses either to that mechanism or to itself, which explains why it can't be pulled out again.

That said, I have successfully laminated many hundreds of sheets without issue. Maybe I'm a 'mid to heavy' user who really ought to be using a different machine!

Lenny
              ~~The old ways are the future~~

Comment

Asda have one at £10 which I have found to be more than adequate for A4 posters and labels.
                You can get different weights of laminator pouch giving you different weights and stregnths.
                full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Thanks for the advice people, got one from Wilko and it seems fine. I used them when teaching and assumed they would be a lot more than £12. There is a warning in the instructions (yes I actually read them LOL) about feeding the sheets in straight so will be careful.

Pete & Mo
                  "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
                  Facebook

Website

Comment

Originally posted by bodrighy View Post
                    Thanks for the advice people, got one from Wilko and it seems fine. I used them when teaching and assumed they would be a lot more than £12. There is a warning in the instructions (yes I actually read them LOL) about feeding the sheets in straight so will be careful.

Pete & Mo
                    They use to be very expensive Pete but like printers have now come down in price so much to the extent that like a printer not worth repairing, sad to some extent as in 1000 os years someone may unearth millions of laminators and printers then sit and have a good laugh

Comment

Apart from feeding the sheets in straight, another tip is make sure it's got hot. Mine has lights flashing on and off and I haven't a clue if it means it's ready or unready. If I'm impatient the plasticy stuff doesn't stick properly and peels of later in the rain. When done properly I can cut sheets up into tickets and they survive thunderstorms.

Comment

This one has a light that goes green when it is heated up. I leave it a tad longer though. I have had the same problem with the big ones I used in college Annie and it's frustrating isn't it LOL.

Pete
                        "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
                        Facebook

Website

Comment

Working...
                        X