removing spellbinders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• removing spellbinders

can anyone advise me of the easiest way to remove intricate die cuts from the die itself?Thanks

There is another active thread around at the moment on the same topic...suggestions include wiping the inside of the die with a tumble dryer sheet before cutting and using wax paper between the die and the paper/card to be cut. Flex the die a little, use a pokey tool... sometimes you just have to get creative with the fiddly designs...just be patient because if you try to rush it WILL tear just to spite you

Comment

Tooth picks poked in the little holes!
      Wid

Comment

I agree with the previous posts. It helps if you use the right grade of paper too. Sometimes paper a bit too thin is more difficult to get out if the die. Thicker paper or thin card seems to pop out easier with less pokes with the pokey tool.

I'd like to add.....

I've never had to use anything other than a pokey tool when I've changed the paper for something a little thicker in a previously stubborn die. I've probably spoken to soon.......serves me right LOL
        Last edited by Incognito 1; 02-01-2013, 07:03 PM.

Comment

I always use drier sheets, got a box for £1 at the Pound shop!!

Comment

Thanks for the advise,will try your suggestions,must remember the patience part!!

Comment

Working...
            X