Craft storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craft storage

Where does everyone store their crafty bits? Any hints and tips of good storage units! The other half is getting fed up of my stuff everywhere

I'm trying to sort this out myself!

One thing I think I have under control are my ribbon reels! I used to keep them in baskets, by colour, but they took up a lot of space and got messy really quickly, so, I got my brother to fix a curtain rod to my wall which has really helped! I may need a second rod put underneath it also. Ribbon reels really build up!
    Here is a photo of it:
    IMG_2205.jpg
    Last edited by nuvonova; 21-12-2012, 01:33 PM.
    nuvonova.com

Comment

It depends what you want to store. there is a company called very useful boxes that have the largest selection of plastic boxes I have seen. I make handmade jewellery and have many of there boxes for my beads and also some of my made up jewellery before it goes online. They have boxes for everything big and small
      Julie
      Uk made handcrafted jewellery seen here
      jewellery made by hand found here
      Unique and unusual necklaces at this site
      "Fashion comes and goes but style is eternal" Yves St Lauren

Comment

I use a dresser for the larger stuff. Each draw is designated for a different category of items. I do ALL kinds of crafting so there's a large variety. I'll have one drawer with the ceramic painting stuff, one with scrap book and pictures, one with drawing supplies, etc. It's a cheap solution instead of buying customized storage.

Then for the little stuff, I use one of those tool draw things from Canadian Tire (or any automotive or tool store) they have numerous small drawers so I can store all the beads, stamps, pins etc.

So the disaster of a room I used to have has been somewhat organized. I know also IKEA has some nifty storage solutions too.
        Crafty Critters teaching easy crafts for kids of all ages!
        www.easy-crafts-for-kids.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jade Jewellery View Post
          It depends what you want to store. there is a company called very useful boxes that have the largest selection of plastic boxes I have seen. I make handmade jewellery and have many of there boxes for my beads and also some of my made up jewellery before it goes online. They have boxes for everything big and small
          Julie
          I second the vote for Really Useful Boxes! I recently counted mine and I have just over one hundred!
          Autumn Thyme

Comment

Usually the floor.Or I have those plastic drawers, most half empty because things are on the floor.I just received some grip seal bags il be putting my cushions in, those are then going on top of my mums cupboard.
            https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Comment

thats a fab idea!
              www.facebook.com/JmKeepSakes

www.etsy.com/shop/JmKeepSakes

Comment

Wow guys! Thanks for all your help!

I have tonnes of different supplies as I love tryjng out new things.

I have come accross a website looks like small company but they do some bits worried about whether they will be any good tho

It's called vice craft storage

Has anyone ordered from there before? I like the idea of making the storage units my own so want something quite basic and I can make a little project out of making it beautiful! If anyone has anymore ideas for something like that id really appreciate it

P.s. lovely to catch sight of someone else's craft Room! It looks lovely

Comment

Autumn Thyme I love you. I must go and count mine. My garage walls are lined with very useful boxes and my OH is feeling sick at the amount of stuff I've got. .
                  It's alright for him. He's retired. I'm running two businesses and one has 3 facets. I daren't tell him I want more boxes...tee....hee.....hee.

Comment

I got an old piece of 40s/50s utilitarian furniture from an auction. I love this style as it can fit in traditional or modern settings. It has two drawers with a cupboard below. I use old cardboard boxes, shoe boxes and biscuit tins inside the cupboard. I also have those plastic trolly drawers and various other storage drawers and boxes.

Have a look on youetube and some really nice craft rooms. Some people have spent so much money on their craft rooms.

Comment

I've just got an Expedit 4 x 4unit from Ikea for storage, with the desk attached to work on.
                      And the Skubb storage boxes to go in it.

I've left a few squares empty, for my Big Shot, Magazine Files etc to go in.
                      All of the storage boxes have different crafty bits in.

I also use the Really Useful range of boxes.

Comment

Thanks all for advice not feeling so guilty about my supplies now! Haha

Comment

Working...
                        X