Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N I Advice and other stuff

Im so confused

Do any of you crafters out there know anything about N. I.
    I understand that I need to register with the Inland Revenue (God bless them!!) - within 3 months of starting to sell my photgraphy at craft fairs, but I understand that you can complete and exception!! form which means you don't pay N.I. twice, however, at what stage would you pay extra NI contributions is there a limited and what is it?

My second question for now!!. Can anyone recommend a supplier of 'Crystal Wrap', in the Newcastle / Sunderland area.

Webby

Have a word with your own tax office. I'm assuming you're already in full-time employment and paying NI conts through your employer.

If your income from photography is to be below a certain limit - I THINK it's about 3500 per year, but don't quote me -you can complete a form claiming exemption from Class II NI conts. This has to be done annually.

You'll also have to complete a self-assessment form for your income tax annually. The form looks scarier than it actually is, if you follow me - the notes to accompany it are larger than the form itself, but they do cover every eventuality. Sort of, one size fits all,as the notes and form are the same whether you're a part-time crafter or have a fully-fledged business.

I phoned my own tax office and they were extremely helpful.
    Primmers
    www.ExquisiteCards.etsy.com

Comment

I completed my exemption form for NI class 2 a few months back and my certificate stated that I'm exempt until 2010 or something! At least that's what the expiry date on the certificate says.

Looking forward to the tax forms... when do they start coming through for completion?

Si.
      Wood Tattoos
      Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
      Facebook
      Flickr
      Twitter

Comment

Hello!

There is a business section within the forum which will help with threads relating to NI etc so have a search through some of those to see if it helps any further. Just check the dates of threads though in case they are a little old!

Good luck!

Comment

Mine came through a few months ago, and I have to file them by 31st January 2008-that's for the year ended April 2007.
          Primmers
          www.ExquisiteCards.etsy.com

Comment

Thanks

Hi everyone

Just wanted to thank all of you who replied to my query re NI yesterday - your information was extremely valuable. Thanks again (Primmers, Tip Top, Woodtattoos)

Comment

Originally posted by Primmers View Post
              Mine came through a few months ago, and I have to file them by 31st January 2008-that's for the year ended April 2007.
              Phew, looks like I've got a while to wait yet then... I only registered from earlier this year.

Glad to be of assistance by the way, Webby.

Si.
              Wood Tattoos
              Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
              Facebook
              Flickr
              Twitter

Comment

Working...
              X