Fabric shops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fabric shops

After having a search on here looking for cheap fabric suppliers I had a trip to Abakhan in Bolton today - and all I can say is WOW! I had to use a huge amount of self restraint, but I was like a kid in a sweet shop!!

The Cotton fabric on a roll (Liquorice Allsorts and Rulers) was more expensive than where I have bought from before - mainly leeds market - but the fabric by the kilo and the 60p (yes 60p!!!) bundles had me very excited!

I would definately recommend!
    Handmade and Hand Customised Bags:

www.facebook.com/bucasbags
    www.folksy.com/shops/bucasbags

Hi Buca's bags,
    I shop in Abakhan in Birkenhead and Liverpool as I make costumes for my daughter's Dance School Shows, but I find I can't buy enough on the rolls for what I need to make. Do you know of any other fabric wholesale places and is Leeds market worth my travel costs?
    Ivy

Comment

Birmingham Rag Market is WONDERFUL for fabrics of all sorts. Short walk from New Street Station, next to the Bull Ring, and open every day but Tuesday is the possibly the best day.
      Fabricland (telephone ordering only) has some bargainaceous offers.
      If you are looking for a wide range of upholstery and furnishings fabrics plus lots of others, but very much 'pot luck', and can travel to East Lancashire on a Monday or Thursday, I can pass on details of a wonderful warehouse-type place which has no web presence and no customer service number ...

Comment

I must admit I love being let loose in the Rag Market. It reminds me of The Kasbah with all the colours and different types of fabrics.
        Carol
        God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivy View Post
          Hi Buca's bags,
          I shop in Abakhan in Birkenhead and Liverpool as I make costumes for my daughter's Dance School Shows, but I find I can't buy enough on the rolls for what I need to make. Do you know of any other fabric wholesale places and is Leeds market worth my travel costs?
          Ivy
          Hi Ivy,

Leeds market is good, but not sure would be worth your travel from Liverpool (I assume thats where you are!) there are 2 or 3 full time stalls that sell all sorts of fabris, and on a wednesday its asian market day in the outdoor market and they have loads of different fabrics - loads at £1 a metre, but is very hit an miss whats there if you are looking for something in particular.

Eena the rag market sounds brilliant!! I may have to have a visit when I can make the journey!!

Comment

Oops hit reply before I meant to!

I also like the sound of the warehouse type place in east lancs if you could send me the details?

Thanks x

Comment

Working...
            X