Wholesale by the bolt fabric

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wholesale by the bolt fabric

We've just moved into a new house with huge windows and no curtains of ours ever remotely fit. I'm trying to find somewhere that sells fabric by the bolt or in large quantities. I'm needing 15 -30 metres of curtaining/upholstery fabric for my lounge curtains. I need a good price of £3ish a metre and plenty of choice as after the lounge is done there are other rooms that need curtains - all with big windows - although not as big, so I'm thinking along the lines of factory/mill shops maybe. I'm based in Chesterfield in the midlands but don't mind travelling if need be. Any recommendations will be gratefully received.
    I know £3ish is a tall order but there is a small place round here where I can get clearance fabric at that price but they have very limited choice when it comes to that kind of quantity, although they do have something that would do the job I would like a little more choice if at all possible.
    Thanks in advance.
    www.belovedly.co.uk
    www.mybelovedlylife.blogspot.com
    www.belovedly.folksy.com

Belovedly facebook group

Suggest you try somewhere like the Birmingham Rag Market or your nearest Asian fabric outlet!! They will happily sell you fabric by the bale!!

Comment

Can you travel as far north as Burnley in Lancashire? I know of a wonderful place, which has very limited opening hours, and has an entire HALL full of fabric at £1/m, as well as more halls of fabric at £2 and £3. Mostly upholstery/curtain/soft furnishings weight.

A year ago I got wonderful 3m wide Fortuny-pleated voile at £1/m for a friend with tall windows. Let me know if you want details.

Comment

Hi thanks, will look up the rag market - never heard of it!
        And yes yes yes please Eena! I go up the way on the way to visit my husband's gran who we usually visit around Christmas time. Thank you very much, that sounds like exactly the kind of place I was hoping for!
        www.belovedly.co.uk
        www.belovedly.folksy.com

Belovedly facebook group

Comment

Have you got a Fabric Land near you? Their price are good.
          www.dementiaactivitysupplies.weebly.com

https://www.facebook.com/Dementia-Activity-Supplies

Comment

Originally posted by eena View Post
            Can you travel as far north as Burnley in Lancashire? I know of a wonderful place, which has very limited opening hours, and has an entire HALL full of fabric at £1/m, as well as more halls of fabric at £2 and £3. Mostly upholstery/curtain/soft furnishings weight.

A year ago I got wonderful 3m wide Fortuny-pleated voile at £1/m for a friend with tall windows. Let me know if you want details.
            That's the one I pm'd you about!
            full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Originally posted by beadsbydesign View Post
              That's the one I pm'd you about!
              Ohhhh, course it is! Well that's definitely a good recommendation then isn't it!

No, there is no Fabricland near me Twinsgran I have market stalls a plenty but their prices have been creeping up over the past couple of years and I might as well go to John Lewis now as they'd probably be a similar price!!!
              www.belovedly.co.uk
              www.belovedly.folksy.com

Belovedly facebook group

Comment

Working...
              X