No announcement yet.

I've got an idea for next Christmas....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've got an idea for next Christmas....

I'm thinking of getting together several crafters in different skills to make a series of 'themed' gift packs for next year...the idea is a little sketchy at the moment and it is late but what about a 'Christmas table in a box' one which would have say..a table runner made by a textile artist, centre piece made by someone who works with flowers..or perhaps a fused glass one (who could make that?)..scented candles made by one of our candle makers, place cards made by a card maker etc etc...
    We could then all advertise it on our respective sites and someone would act as organiser and arrange orders etc
    Provided we kept the number of crafters to say 3-4 and worked with trusted forum members it should be feasible enough...what do other people think?
    Dichroic Fused Glass Jewellery & Glass Fusing Blog
    Dichroic Glass Tutorials
    Wholesale Dichroic Fused Glass Jewellery

Good idea =D
    Would this be to sell at fairs? as the it sounds a bit big for posting?
    incywincystitches.com - Fabric buttons, button supplies and handmade accessories
    ___

Comment

I would be up for something like that - keep me posted with any ideas you have.

Cheers.

Lisa

Bowed Over
      Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
      www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

I can make the wine glass charms!

Sounds like a great idea
        www.beadlab.com

Comment

I'll work on the idea over over Christmas but I think It could work. We'd obviously make sure that the pack weren't too bulky or heavy so the post would remain low....and also so that the people who were crafting bits for it weren't commited to anything too big to distract them from their own work.
          I just think it's a good way of showcasing all our work and multiplying the visiblity of the products by advertising on each of the websites of the people involved
          Dichroic Glass Tutorials

Comment

I didn't add that I'm up for it I can do textiles bits/runners
            incywincystitches.com - Fabric buttons, button supplies and handmade accessories
            ___

Comment

If you need any doorstops I'm in!
              Visit my Etsy store http://swirlyarts.etsy.com
              My daily thoughts! http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com
              My blog of cute stuff http://cuteable.com

Comment

Yep, would be up for it too!

Regarding posting - we use www.parcels2go.com a lot and they are cheaper than RM and a lot lot better!! As long as the box size is within the stated requirements (I think 25" on each side) and less than I think 20KG then its around £7 to send.....

Comment

This has really got my grey cells buzzing now... i'm a bit too busy to work on the finer points now but i'm thinking of having packs made up by say four crafters at a time(we could do several types depending on how many people want to be involved and how much they want to add)...they could be split into gifts for her, gifts for him and homewares (Christmas table in a box) etc. We could also do smaller ones made up by say two crafers for stocking fillers.
                  All the crafters involved could advertise of their respective sites either as stock on their site or a direct link to a buy it now option on someone else's. Probably 2 people would need to act as admin...maybe one to recieve money and distribute it and one to dispatch possible orders etc..just so there's a level of accountabilty and troubleshooting.
                  I think it's a good way of promoting everyone's excellent work and offering something a little different, plus it gives people something to do with their left over Christmas stock...we could also give a little of each pack to charity!
                  Dichroic Glass Tutorials

Comment

Think the idea is great.. so If you need a rubber stamp maker.. ok clear unmounted polymer.. i'd be interested..

Nikki x
                    Behind all great men are suprised mother in laws.

www.dewdropcraftz.co.uk for clear stamps with a difference..

Comment

Not sure what my contribution could be, but I'm deffo up for it.

And why stop at Christmas?

Valentines
                      Mother's Day
                      Easter
                      Birthdays (I could definitely do birthday bunting)
                      Anniversarys
                      Christenings (again, I can do something for that)
                      Baby naming / Baby showers (guess what.....)
                      New Home
                      New Baby (Would that be me again?)

Must be more I haven't thought about.....

I think it's a brilliant idea - especially on something like Tuggle (if it picks up) or to some of the retailers that I sell to.
                      Blog Website Flickr

Comment

Weddings.....

21st........

Retirements......

Graduations........

Count me in as well . didn't think I fitted in but the I remembered I do racing plate shoes that weigh less than an 1 oz.

Cheers Janice
                        www.freewebs.com/clipclophorseshoes

Comment

Pampering basket
                          New mum basket
                          Gardening basket

I reckon we could be on to something here .....

We could create a website for it to make it look like a brand or something and people could choose what they want to put into the basket but only pay one shipping fee.

Obviously it would need some admin co-ordination, but surely we've got enough people on here to not only produce products but co-ordinate such a thing....?

Sorry, have I taken over a bit?
                          Blog Website Flickr

Comment

Every home needs a chicken doorstop!!
                            Just a thought - if people are ordering from a central website then it will take a while to get the order out to them. Just thinking that the central website gets the order then it needs to be sent out to the crafters. The crafters then need to make their items and then send them in to the central place/co-ordinator to be complied and then sent out to the customer. Most people wouldn't mind the wait I'm sure but some may.
                            Just a thought!
                            Visit my Etsy store http://swirlyarts.etsy.com
                            My daily thoughts! http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com
                            My blog of cute stuff http://cuteable.com

Comment

Ooo,I'm getting quite excited about this now!
                              I've started putting together a few ideas and I'll post them around Christmas once the rush dies a little. I don't want to get too carried away initially with too many different packs because I'd like to see how the ordering/crafting to order system would work...perhaps we'd have at least two ready made up and as soon as one is sold another is made (again i'll post the details later). I'll sort out a website to go with it as the idea seems to have gained enough support.
                              I'll be asking for a few volunteers soon btw so watch out!..
                              Dichroic Glass Tutorials

Comment

Working...
                              X