Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• logos/stickers on paper bags?

hello!

im thinking of getting some paper bags to put items in when (if!?) people buy something at fairs - id like to put a logo on the bags, just as a little promotion for my website

does anyone know how i can go about this?

i thought about spray painting a stencil logo, but i think that would take too much time and effort, so wondered if you can make your own stickers? or get someone to make them for you cheap?

also, is the general concensus that kaleidoscope supplies are the cheapest around for bags?

thanks

xxxx
    be my friend on www.myspace.com/bagsandbuttons

You can make your own stickers with Word. You can buy sheets of self-adhesive white labels from stationers', set up a table in Word to match the paper/sticker size, put what you like on the table and print off your own.
    Or else, if you possibly can, set up your paper size in the printer and simply put the bags through......
    Primmers
    www.ExquisiteCards.etsy.com

Comment

I agree with Primmers that you should use Word but there is an easier way than setting up a table and matching it to your labels.

If you open a new document in Word
      • go to the Tools menu at the top of the page
      • then go to letters and mailings
      • then envelopes and labels
      In the envelopes and labels you can find your labels listed and the hard work is done for you and all you need to do is type in your wording. No need to size anything up

Most of the labels listed will be Avery labels but most stationers do their own cheaper version (note the label number of the Avery pack in the shop though as this will make it easier to match up).

HTH
      Debs

My website: www.debeadz.co.uk

My blog: www.debeadz.blogspot.com

Comment

I've stuck labels on my bags (curry takeaway ones from Kalediscope) simply by printing my logo off on a word document with the website address underneath and then cutting it up and sticking with pritt stick onto the bag. Took me about 15 mins to do!

You need something quick and effective and something that you can do if you need to label unlabelled bags if you have a rush at a Craft fair!!

Comment

Another Idea you could consider, is to get a rubber stamp made up. I had one made just with my Web address on, and I stamp all my work and bags with that. Mine only cost 7 pound odd delivered with ink pad. Can't remember who from, but just google rubber stamps and loads of suppliers come up. You might want something more than text to stamp your bags with but you can get graphical stamps made for not much more.

Much quicker and easier than having to mess with stickers IMO

Dan
          www.wonkytoad.co.uk - Unusual Handcrafted Wooden Creations.

Comment

Debeadz: I'll try your way next time, it sounds easier than mine ( or rather, than Himself's). Now that it's been put in my head, I quite fancy the idea of a logo on paper bags too. Now sure if I'll do it though, seems a bit copycatty.
            Primmers
            www.ExquisiteCards.etsy.com

Comment

thanks for all the help!
              i got myself a rubber stamp recently for the labels on my items - the traffic to my site increased around the same time - not sure if this is just a coincidence though!

ill certainly be trying out some of the ideas - think word is going to be my new best friend!

thanks again! xxx
              be my friend on www.myspace.com/bagsandbuttons

Comment

I always get my labels made up by Vistaprint when they have their real cheapy offers on (which is normally all the time!!) to match my business cards and when I was doing craft fairs I used to stick these to the white paper bags (take-away style ones like Tip-Top said) which I got really cheaply through E-Bay.
                Jo x

For handcrafted wooden gifts and decorations please visit http://www.sommerwood.co.uk

Comment

If you want to print just text on anything Lidl are going a mini rubber stamp kit at the moment for £2.49 (I think). It is similar - if anyone remembers them - to the John Bull Rubber Stamp sets, but much smaller lettering and numbers. You can set up anything up to four rows of text and the stamp pad is incorporated.

If nothing else you could put your company name, phone number and web site on bags.

Comment

Originally posted by craftdancer View Post
                    If you want to print just text on anything Lidl are going a mini rubber stamp kit at the moment for £2.49 (I think). It is similar - if anyone remembers them - to the John Bull Rubber Stamp sets, but much smaller lettering and numbers. You can set up anything up to four rows of text and the stamp pad is incorporated.

If nothing else you could put your company name, phone number and web site on bags.
                    Ooohh! I'll have to have a look at that too! Need to find a Lidl near me!

Comment

Working...
                    X