Your thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your thoughts

I'm thinking of doing another craft alongside my beaded jewellery as I am not getting much success with it but am not sure what to go with?!

I have been thinking about :

Silk painting
    Glass painting
    Felt bags
    or even possibly doing a flower arranging course (which I almost booked on to last year but something else cropped up so missed the deadline)

Does anyone do any of these and have any advice?
    Debs

My website: www.debeadz.co.uk

My blog: www.debeadz.blogspot.com

I think that if you are looking at sales equaling sucess in craft, then you'll probably not find sucess in any. There are a lot of us out there creating and making a few sales, but if we are waiting for our first million then we'll be waiting a long long time!
    Do you enjoy crafting?...... then in my opinion you have success.

beadsage wrote a similar response a couple of days ago that you might want to look up.

In the meantime enjoy what you do!
    full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Of course I enjoy crafting but have had some negative (as well as positive) remarks about my stuff recently at a craft fair which has made me doubt what I am doing.

The reason I ask about the other crafts is that I'm not sure where I should start if I was to take up one of these as my next hobby. So really just want advice on "how to" rather than anything else.

Does anyone rate the craft kits that Hobbycraft do? They seem a little expensive to me but thought they might give me a taster and wondered if they were worth £10/15
      Debs

My website: www.debeadz.co.uk

My blog: www.debeadz.blogspot.com

Comment

I would say yes give it ago as to try and do something else as well i did and it worked for me

I Love My Computer Because My Friends Live In It

Comment

I reckon many crafters have more than one talent & it wont hurt to try other crafts - you may end up finding something else that you really enjoy to add to your repertoire!!
          Mel

Comment

Working...
          X