Christmas Crafts ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Crafts ??

Do you have a specific product related to Christmas/New Year?
    If so please let me know what it is, either via PM or post in this thread.

thanks
    James.
    Doing nothing is harder than it looks!
    Free Classifieds

Are you looking for inspiration? or to buy?
    Not really sure I understand your post
    incywincystitches.com - Fabric buttons, button supplies and handmade accessories
    ___

Comment

I think the problem may be that, having been registered with the forum for three years, GEM assumes we all know him and what he is about. I'm afraid, at the risk of upsetting a supporter............sorry - top supporter...........of this forum, that nobody - with the exception maybe of 0103media - has a clue what he is talking about. It may be time for another introduction for us plebians who have never heard of him.

Comment

Oh its not just me then that didnt have a clue what it was all about. i dont feel so silly now lol

I Love My Computer Because My Friends Live In It

Comment

Originally posted by Beadsage View Post
          I think the problem may be that, having been registered with the forum for three years, GEM assumes we all know him and what he is about. I'm afraid, at the risk of upsetting a supporter............sorry - top supporter...........of this forum, that nobody - with the exception maybe of 0103media - has a clue what he is talking about. It may be time for another introduction for us plebians who have never heard of him.
          Hey Peter,
          I'm not entirely sure why you feel it necessary to attempt to belittle posters on the forum. I hope it does something for you - it doesn't seem to do anything for me.

If I post a question do I have to reveal my motivations behind the question?
          I have looked over the rules of the forum and didn't see it in there, in fact I also concluded...

A) If I want to post a website that has nothing to do with crafts then I can - in the forum that says "non craft related sites".
          B) It is not necessary for me to meet a minimum post count. So the fact that I spend time reading the forum and have only a few posts should not mean that I suddenly have to become the forums most prolific poster.
          C) I can have whatever signature links I want provided they fall within the allowance of the rules- which they do.
          D) Now it appears that asking a simple question leaves me open to some kind of sarcastic remark from a "supermoderator", I don't recall seeing that written there either.

I am not entirely sure what your goal is by posting snide remarks, but I hope it pleases you.

Nice to see you didn't close your website down and that you have added some nice photos of your jewellery displayed nicely on manikins - keep up the good work.
          http://www.craftsforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5189

If you need any help with promoting your site or getting it seen in the search engines, by all means gimme a shout.

I also happen to be wondering if any crafters on the forum specifically make any christmas related products, if so - what are they?

regards
          James.
          Free Classifieds

Comment

Originally posted by GEM View Post

thanks
            James.
            Surely all our crafty stuff is good for Christmas.
            What about you? Any good Christmas related recipies?
            Feel free to PM me with them........
            http://icecreambird.blogspot.com/

Comment

hehe, Yes I do actually,
              Christmas Desserts

Did you know that on your homepage you have an image that takes 14 minutes to load on a dial up PC? .... 2.72Meg

regards
              James.
              Last edited by GEM; 23-10-2007, 11:24 PM.
              Free Classifieds

Comment

14 minutes? Nice of you to wait.... worth waiting for was it?

Comment

hehe, Yes I do actually,
                  Christmas Desserts

Did you know that on your homepage you have an image that takes 14 minutes to load on a dial up PC? .... 2.72Meg

regards
                  James.
                  Very eloquent. I don't think you're doing yourself any favours by being a smartass do you?. Conversation ended.

Comment

Originally posted by icecreamgirl View Post
                    14 minutes? Nice of you to wait.... worth waiting for was it?
                    The pictures are OK, however the size of the file needs to be reduced. You actually have 3 of these images on one page.. that would be a whopping 40+ minutes for the page to load.
                    Would you like me to remake the pictures for you so that your pages load quickly? (it's free)

James.
                    Free Classifieds

Comment

Not made anything yet for christmas only my wash cloth swiss roll cakes i must get and pull my finger out and start making some stuff

I Love My Computer Because My Friends Live In It

Comment

The pictures are OK, however the size of the file needs to be reduced. You actually have 3 of these images on one page.. that would be a whopping 40+ minutes for the page to load.
                        Would you like me to remake the pictures for you so that your pages load quickly? (it's free)

James.
                        Umm thanks but no thanks...
                        Please don't think i'm being ungratefull, but i am fully aware of the slow loading problem as many of my forum friends have passed comment on it.
                        I suppose i'm not really that bothered about it as my website was a kind of experiment.. i'm in no way thinking that it's going to be the porthole to selling vast amounts of stuff... it was really just for me to have somewhere to show off my stuff to friends..
                        Not only do i not know of anyone who has dial up any more (and yes i do have a few friends) but as it is mostly people i know that look at my site, they are all quite happy to wait for the pictures to load. In fact as they know nothing about websites, they think that it's ok to wait a few secounds, which is the case for most people for the pictures to load.
                        I do have friends also who are computer whizzes and it would have been easy for me to get them to make the website for me, but i think that you miss the point of it .... i'm quite proud of it... slow loading pictures and all..
                        and it's something i feel i've achieved. I'm sure as i get to grips with the whole technology thing i will get better piccies and a better site all together.. but that of course takes time and at least it will be something i will have done for myself and not 'got someone else to do for me'.
                        Of course if i have any questions i know you'll be here to help me out.. as lots of people have done on this forum already.
                        Last edited by icecreamgirl; 24-10-2007, 02:00 PM.

Comment

thanks
                          James.
                          Are you wanting to copy our ideas?
                          Or support us?

Comment

Originally posted by Tip Top View Post
                            Are you wanting to copy our ideas?
                            Or support us?
                            I want to advertise your Christmas products for free. If you want me to of course.

James.
                            Free Classifieds

Comment

I havent made anything chrismassy but feel free to advertise my toppers for free
                              Cake Toppers http://huntersdesigns.co.uk
                              My etsy http://peculiarforest.etsy.com
                              My Blog http://peculiarforest.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                              X