Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions please..

hi
    i would just like to get a general concensus on the price of my items, could i ask whoever reads this what price they would pay for the item in my picture, i know things look better in real life but hopefully they can at least say a price.
    I will leave it for a while before i mention how much it actually is and the reason i asked.

dbllove1.jpg

many thanks..
    Cabincrafts
    Last edited by Cabincrafts; 03-02-2012, 10:16 PM. Reason: uploaded wrong picture..

Oh that's so pretty! I can't quite tell the size, but guessing that it stands about 8 inches high, and if it took no more than a day to make (I hope I'm not under estimating it!), I'd say maybe £30-£40?
    Coryographies on Etsy (bookshelf, tea, and sushi jewellery)
    Coryographies' Blog (Join the free giveaway!)
    Coryographies on Facebook
    Twitter: @Coryographies
    If you'd like to swap shop banners to advertise on each others' sites please message me

Comment

I would agree - £30-£40.

However, I have no idea how much the wood cost nor how many hours it took to make.

It's beautiful.
      Annie and Lyn
      www.rosiepink.typepad.co.uk

Comment

Wood work is a really hard one when it comes to pricing. I carve wooden lovespoons for fun but could never sell them because they take me ages to make and no-one would be prepared to pay what they are truly worth.

Gut instinct for this piece says around £40

Comment

A BiG Thank you very much to you 3 for commenting on item, it stands at 6inch tall and about 7 inch width and 1 inch thick, and i actually charge £8 for it with up to £4 postage, the reason i asked was because several people on the interweb have asked me "how much is it" and when i have told them they say " ok i will get back to you" which usually means they wont.
          I have been asking myself if its too much money to charge for it and as you all seem to suggest £30-£40 i think i should be safe with the amount i mentioned, i have also noticed someone else doing a very similar thing to me but her prices are staggering, i have a certain pattern on my computer which would take me no more than 1 day to complete, this person has already cut this pattern and is charging £112 for it, i almost fell off my chair this is why I wanted as many different opinions as possible in order to get a ball park figure, so i thank you for that.

steve
          Cabincrafts
          Last edited by Cabincrafts; 04-02-2012, 08:45 PM.

Comment

It's lovely.
            I really couldn't say a price, I'm hopeless at such things.
            Do you mean it takes a day to cut each one of these, or once the pattern is made it's less time to do the making? I'm sorry I'm not very knowledgeable but I am very interested to learn more about how you make them, it's certainly very clever.

What happened with your magpies 150 piece, I recall reading a thread that the football club maybe interested in it but I can't find that thread to find out if they came back to you?
            http://www.samigailsgifts.co.uk/
            Handmade personalised gifts for all occasions created by the art of pyrography
            My Facebook

Comment

It's a lovely piece but I couldn't pay more than 8£ + P & P for it. I know it's handmade and have no real idea of woodwork itself,but if you're to compare it to other items in the market your looking at between 7£-10£ I would guess. But I could be wrong. x
              MY BLOG: A Place for crafty inspiration and an attempt to try new things, everybody welcome! http://jennifer-lou.blogspot.com/

Comment

Oh I didn't look at previous comments ^_^ I skipped to the end lol
                MY BLOG: A Place for crafty inspiration and an attempt to try new things, everybody welcome! http://jennifer-lou.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hi
                  Just looked at your website and you have some really, really lovely items. To get back to your original question I would certainly pay £8, keep up the good work!

Comment

Originally posted by samigail View Post
                    Do you mean it takes a day to cut each one of these, or once the pattern is made it's less time to do the making? I'm sorry I'm not very knowledgeable but I am very interested to learn more about how you make them, it's certainly very clever.

What happened with your magpies 150 piece, I recall reading a thread that the football club maybe interested in it but I can't find that thread to find out if they came back to you?
                    Hi Samigail
                    I can cut this piece out, sand it and teak oil it in about an hour (usually less) but i was reffering to a pattern i had on my computer which is quite intricate.

The Magpies 150 has been taken to the Football fan shop along with 2 other different cuttings i did for them, so far they haven't played at home since i took it to them and this weeks match is cancelled due to a frozen pitch, so no orders yet.

The cuting are usually froma pattern, i make a lot of my own patterns using items found on the net, put them together and stick the pattern to the wood, i then proceed to cut out the pattern.
                    When i am next in the cabin i will take some photos and show you how its done.

thanks to everyone that has commented..

steve

Comment

Originally posted by craftyknotter View Post
                      Hi
                      Just looked at your website and you have some really, really lovely items. To get back to your original question I would certainly pay £8, keep up the good work!
                      Thank you for that, i have also just been to your website too, i noticed you are in Lambley in May, i work at the garden centre in Lambley and some of my items are sold there,if you wanted to see any of them please feel free to pop in..

Comment

I originally thought £15-20 for it, so you are not overpricing yourself!!
                        View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Originally posted by indri View Post
                          I originally thought £15-20 for it, so you are not overpricing yourself!!
                          Thanks Indri, the funny thing is people at work say i need to put up my prices, but i disagree, i would sooner sell the item for a pound less rather than keep it on my shelf, i can soon make more..

Comment

Originally posted by Cabincrafts View Post
                            Thank you for that, i have also just been to your website too, i noticed you are in Lambley in May, i work at the garden centre in Lambley and some of my items are sold there,if you wanted to see any of them please feel free to pop in..
                            Will do, I don't live far away so will pop in some time.

Comment

Personally I think your prices are little on the low side. £8 is too cheap for the amount of work you are doing. I would suggest you increase it to £12. I think the subject should be a winner as romance always sells.

Roger

Comment

Working...
                              X