Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help

Hi,
    Im new to this forum and i was wondering does anyone know where i can get Fabric for making club patches,this material needs to be waterproof and i need to embroider our club logo anddesign on the material,and not even sure what the fabric is called as im new to this.but the fabric would be the same as school badges are.
    Cheers
    Garry

Hi Garry & - I've got no idea about the fabric - sorry!!
    Jayne

"One must have chaos in oneself in order to give birth to a dancing star."

Comment

It's usualy cotton Twill. But this is not water proof It will get wet. Are you going to do your own embroidery?
      "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
      my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

Hi Goldy1,
        Im just looking for the fabric as i have a friend who will stitch the edges in silver thread, then im going to print the logo we need on to the fabric.and the badges will be worn on our jacket,so i would need this fabric to be waterproof.
        Iam out of work at the moment and would like to get into this line of work making cloth badges, but reading about it on the net it sems very difficult to learn.
        Cheers
        Garry
        Last edited by lonewolf; 16-10-2007, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Thanks Poppy for the welcome.
          Garry

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
            Hi Goldy1,
            Im just looking for the fabric as i have a friend who will stitch the edges in silver thread, then im going to print the logo we need on to the fabric.and the badges will be worn on our jacket,so i would need this fabric to be waterproof.
            I have worked in a printing firm in the past and I would sugest you print the patches first it's easier that way and if you make a smudge you haven't wasted the time stiching it.
            You could use a Cotton twill for a coat patch as this is used on them already or you could try other coat fabric. It would be the Ink that needed to be waterproof or at least heat fixed.
            Last edited by goldy1; 16-10-2007, 09:19 PM.
            "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
            my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

Hi Goldy1,
              Many thanks for all your help with this matter.
              Cheers
              Garry

Comment

Working...
              X