Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Postal Strikes

GROAN ....

After lengthy negotiation we are very disappointed that the Communication Workers Union (CWU) has announced more strike action starting on Monday 15th and ending on Friday 19th October. This action will take place at different Royal Mail sites across the country at different times. We are currently assessing the impact that this will have on services, and will communicate this as soon as possible.
    We can confirm that the latest round of strike action by members of the Communication Workers Union (CWU) ended in the early hours of Wednesday 10th October. Royal Mail regrets the impact of the strike action and apologises to its customers for the disruption this has caused.
    Whilst we are encouraged that increased numbers of operational staff are attending work and that managerial and support staff continue to keep mail flowing, the situation remains very serious and our ability to provide services remains extremely limited. We are very sorry that we have had to withdraw a number of service promises and guarantees, but we will reinstate these as soon as we are able to honour them.
    Special Delivery items are being delivered and some mail is flowing through the network, but we have a significant build-up of mail that will take time to clear when the strikes have finished.
    We would like to assure our customers that we are working hard to get mail through the system and delivered. We will do our best to return to normal as quickly as possible, and will deal with mail in the order in which we receive it. However customers should expect significant delays during and after the strike period.
    Blog Website Flickr

Ow for f*** Sake!!!!! When are they going to get this sorted out!!! I really wish there was another way to post envelopes and small items cause I am pig sick of all this!!!!! I have got tons of stuff due to arrive and if they don't hurry up it will be too late for the Christmas season!!!!!

I am sorry but I have lost all faith in the Post Office and their strike action small little nobodies like me will end up going down the tubes. I really wish that they would at least allow us a week or two of normal deliveries before starting action again at least we would get something through.

When is Mr Brown going to step in?

ARRRGGGHHH

Lisa

Bowed Over
    Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
    www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

I know .... and if my postman dares make his usual comment about "gosh someone's been busy on ebay" when he's got an armful of post for me (NOT from ebay) I won't be responsible for my actions!
      Blog Website Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by JBJB View Post
        I know .... and if my postman dares make his usual comment about "gosh someone's been busy on ebay" when he's got an armful of post for me (NOT from ebay) I won't be responsible for my actions!
        lol ... sounds like my postman!
        incywincystitches.com - Fabric buttons, button supplies and handmade accessories
        ___

Comment

Oh don't even get me started on this topic... I am so fed up by it now not getting stuff I need through the post but also I feel like I am letting down my customers when they don't get their orders in a timely manner. Gggrrr
          Anice xx
          Funkyhand x
          my website
          http://www.funkyhand.com
          my blog (updated 09/06/10)
          http://funkyhand.blogspot.com/
          Follow me on Twitter
          http://twitter.com/funkyhand

Comment

Originally posted by JBJB View Post
            Yours too hey, mine does it everytime, and normally in front of my boss at work whe I have had parcels delivered there so that I know they will be signed for and not returned, making it damn obvious I have been playing about on E-Bay when I should be working!!

I did ask him about the strikes next week though and he reckoned it owuld only be one day, but who knows!! Still taking forever for stuff to get through.
            Jo x

For handcrafted wooden gifts and decorations please visit http://www.sommerwood.co.uk

Comment

Talking to the girls in the PO tonight they said that the first day they'd had any packets through was today. we keep them going with thousands and thousands of small packets and we get left till last.
              full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Originally posted by candles by lisa View Post
                Ow for f*** Sake!!!!! When are they going to get this sorted out!!!

EXACTLY what I thought!

Comment

Cheesed Off....

.....we had to go and collect a parcel today, so we went on our way to hospital. The postie had put a card through the door saying it was too big to fit through the letterbox.

When we got to the depot, there was a larger parcel with shedloads of other mail elastic-banded to it. If the eejit postie had taken off the elastic bands, all of the mail including the packet would have fitted through the slot.

I mean......DUHHHHHH!!!!!!

Jules
                  Apple Tree Crafts
                  www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

Personally, I don't know the in's and out's of it all, but I don't think they're doing themselves any favours. At the end of the day it's us end users that suffer and how exactly do we control what they're paid.....? My local post-office lady reckons all the posties round here must have shares in TNT because that's whose been doing most of the deliveries! Apparantely, some parts of the country are using the German postal service to help out (work that one out!)
                    Blog Website Flickr

Comment

I've not been able to getting anything posted for over a week and it looks like it'll be another week before things are anyway near back to some kind of normality.
                      After the 2 lots of 48 hrs strikes the local sorting office went out on a wildcat strike meaning that the 200 plus parcels I'd just paid for won't even be picked up for days. I'm also waiting on payments for pieces I'm sending out-i've had no mail in 8 days!-the whole thing's a nightmare!
                      I actually went and got on a train and hand delivered some parcels myself!
                      Dichroic Fused Glass Jewellery & Glass Fusing Blog
                      Dichroic Glass Tutorials
                      Wholesale Dichroic Fused Glass Jewellery

Comment

I think i'm going to explode!
                        I'm starting to get some very irrate people complaining about things i've sent out not turning up yet...I feel like saying that I know exactly where they are-they're still in the post office where I posted them a week and a half ago! Post in Liverpool isn't moving at all!.....on the plus side I can plead ignorance when it comes to bills!
                        Dichroic Fused Glass Jewellery & Glass Fusing Blog
                        Dichroic Glass Tutorials
                        Wholesale Dichroic Fused Glass Jewellery

Comment

Originally posted by glasskanvas View Post
                          I think i'm going to explode!
                          I'm starting to get some very irrate people complaining about things i've sent out not turning up yet...I feel like saying that I know exactly where they are-they're still in the post office where I posted them a week and a half ago! Post in Liverpool isn't moving at all!.....on the plus side I can plead ignorance when it comes to bills!
                          ((hugs)) GK, hope everything gets back to normal soon. x
                          incywincystitches.com - Fabric buttons, button supplies and handmade accessories
                          ___

Comment

Is There Post Today?

I'm waiting for some fabrics, a book on Extreme Pumpkin Carving, and a couple of gifts for Himself's birthday......

......are they out on the picket lines today, or will we have some post?

Jules
                            Apple Tree Crafts
                            www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

How do you politely tell poeple that there is a strike on and if they want a guaranteed delivery they need to pay for alternate delivery method!
                              https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Comment

Working...
                              X