X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is collage crafts technique !!!!

Hi Everybody,

i wanna tell you about new crafts techniques that it might be the first time to know about. It is "COLLAGE CRAFTS"
    A collage (ko-lahj’), from the French word coller, to stick, is a visual art, which means pasting or gluing papers or two-dimensional objects onto a surface. It is an artistic composition made of various materials. Collages are fun to create and can be considered as a useful coaching tool as well.
    Collages can be flat. You can use different kinds of paper in a flat collage, like tissue paper or tin foil. Collages can be made from 3D objects, too. This kind of art is called a collage in relief. The objects on a collage can be glued, nailed, stapled, or sewn down. A collage is fun because you can make one out of almost anything!

The roots of collage can be found as far back as the 10th century, when calligraphers in Japan starting gluing pieces of paper to their works. Also In 13th century Europe, the idea of applying gold leaf and gems to religious art arose, and the wider idea of collage began to spread among artists. Mosaic, a practice, which involves fitting together many small pieces of tile to form a pattern, is also a form of collage, and it has been widely practiced in the Middle East and Mediterranean for centuries.
    Collage is used in more seamless ways. Artists such as Picasso, for example, incorporated the idea of collage into their painting. Picasso's paintings lack the textural divisions created by gluing items down sequentially, but they retain the uniquely disjointed look of collage. Some artists also create photomontage, a form of collage, using a series of small photographs to create a larger image.

Making one’s own collage work is not as difficult as one might think. It’s really very simple, many children experiment with collage in art class. Some museums have particularly fine examples of collage on display, as do major galleries. you can find useful information about collage and many other crafts new techniques videos at askthecrafter.com. Along with a wide variety of other visual media, collage can be used to convey the vast variance of human experience, or simply to create a handmade greeting card, depending on the intent of the artist.

Stvalentine
    Stvalentine www.askthecrafter.com

<scratches his head in a puzzled manner...>

Wood Tattoos
    Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
    Facebook
    Flickr
    Twitter

Comment

!!

i know that it may still something new for you or something you haven't experienced before and i wished that i could provide you with the pics available on my website but i'm not allowed to post images yet.
      Last edited by stvalentine; 08-10-2007, 11:19 AM.

Comment

I am sure that most crafters are familier with collage. In the Uk all school children make collages!
        full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

I've never heard something described as new which is then dated back to the 10th Century, that's all. I think I did my first collage at the age of 3 or 4, and I also did a series of 6ft collages for my Art exams as well as using collage media to present design sourcesheets in my BA(Hons) degree exhibition.
          Wood Tattoos
          Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
          Facebook
          Flickr
          Twitter

Comment

off course collage is a known craft technique but it is not wide spreading like many othe crafts technique, widely speaking it is not used effectively.
            i also wanna say something about other crafts technique that is not used widely as well like, decoupage, encaustic, salt dough,...........

i hope that i can prepare a good thread about each one to post in this interesting forum.

Comment

Grandma's sucking eggs springs to mind...

Comment

Great minds think alike, Tip Top...
                Wood Tattoos
                Facebook
                Flickr
                Twitter

Comment

Heheheh!
                  I managed to keep it clean too!

Comment

Thanks for the advice stvalentine, I'm sure anyone who needed enlightening has been. Thread closed.

Comment

Working...
                    X