correct craft section for feathers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• correct craft section for feathers?

hi, when looking around various sites i can not easily find sections for feathers.

Does any one know what they should be listed under?

Find our recycled, saved from landfill range of feathers on etsy All Things Feathery
    Items added Weekly

Mmm. Very good question. Don't know the answer'

There is 'General' 'Your Craft Projects' 'Recycled Crafts'. As you are the only member dealing solely with feathers it would not be practical to allocate you a special forum but any of the aforementioned would be suitable I think.
    Carol
    God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

i was thinking more in general, but thanks for looking on the forum.

Do they come under embelishments, scrapbooking, floral, etc.

Did not realise that craftwork was so diverse.
      Find our recycled, saved from landfill range of feathers on etsy All Things Feathery
      Items added Weekly

Comment

I guess it also depends what you do with the feathers craft-wise. For example you could post under Scrapbooking if you use them in a scrapbooking project or Jewellery if you incorporate them into a pair of earrings - so I think you may find yourself switching between different sections depending on what project you're working on at the time.
        Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

cheers nattynetty

i have seen earrings made from feathers and i know the fashion industry are still mad about hair extensions and fascinators.

will have a good browse tomorrow and see how many sections feathers can fit into.

thanks for help
          Items added Weekly

Comment

Out of interest, what feather-based things do you make at the moment?
            www.goodnightboutique.com

Comment

hi goodnightboutique

i just source the feathers that are destined for waste, then wash, dye, dry and package.

Have not had time to sit and think about making anything with them as it has kind of ran away with me.
              Items added Weekly

Comment

Out of curiosity, how do you source your feathers? And what kind of birds are they from, poultry/game/wild?

Just being nosey!
                www.darkflightsart.co.uk

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dark-...63232150439256

Comment

nothing wrong with beign nosey.

I started getting them from small poultry farmers after they had processed the birds. Now i get them from gamekeepers after the shoots, factorys after processing etc.
                  I try to get as much as i can so they dont go to waste.

I dont get wild bird feathers unless they are lying around after a fox attack or pruning etc.
                  Items added Weekly

Comment

Sounds really interesting
                    www.goodnightboutique.com

Comment

That sounds great, I know cock tail feathers are very beautiful, I have a couple of old masks made from them that I might take apart one day (only cheap, mass-produced masks, but the feathers are real and lovely). Cock pheasant tail feathers are fabulous, too. I'm personally still trying to decide whether to stuff the crow I have in my freezer for taxidermy, or, ahem, disassemble it for the feathers, feet and various other parts for use in my odd crafts!
                      www.darkflightsart.co.uk

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dark-...63232150439256

Comment

I do enjoy it.

Am in town tomorrow so will get me some earrings and see what i can do with them.

Got some realy nice plummage in today that i need to sort out later.
                        Items added Weekly

Comment

Working...
                        X