Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E bid - selling

HI
    anyone done any selling on e-bid ? I've sold quote a few items on the bay - and paid their massive fees - 10% final value plus listing fee. E-bid seem to be offering a "register and sell item free for life" special at £49.49. Whilst this is a chunk of cash I personally have paid over £80.00 in fees to the bay this year alone so am seriously thinking of changing. Would like to hear from anyone already registered and how do you find it ?

Will be perfect for listing my 99p items as they have a list until sold option at no cost!
    Can't be true can it ??

thanks sharen

I have never listed on ebid, but to be honest I am getting sick of listing on Ebay, it is costing a fortune. I had to upgrade to a business account, so no matter how small the items price i have to pay fees, then the final fees, not to mention the paypal fees also.

There does need to be an alternative...

Have you tried tosouk.

What is ToSouk.com?
    ToSouk.com is a social networking led community marketplace for people who buy, sell, and live handmade and vintage products, and supplies. And you will be please to hear that it is completely free to register and sell your products! There are absolutely no listing fees or sales fees!!

I have listed some items on here, not sold any up to now, but then folksy and etsy have not sold either
    Blog: http://prettyshabbyuk.blogspot.com/

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/PrettyShabbyuk

Tweet Me http://twitter.com/PrettyShabbyUK

Comment

tell me about the listing fees on e-bay. I used to sell card toppers at 99p, the listing itself was 32p, the final value fee was 10p (10%) so each item made 57p - when you add in my time, the camera to take good pictures and having to re-list after to 30 day time was gone - gave up in the end and now just sell bigger items - and still fume at the 10%.
      Think I will register with e-bid as well as all the free ones - thanks for info on TosOuk - will be checking themtonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Shabby UK View Post
        Have you tried tosouk.

What is ToSouk.com?
        ToSouk.com is a social networking led community marketplace for people who buy, sell, and live handmade and vintage products, and supplies. And you will be please to hear that it is completely free to register and sell your products! There are absolutely no listing fees or sales fees!!
        I have just had a look at www.tosouk.com and initial impressions seem good, but.................there are not many items for sale. Some categories have nothing at all. Also I wonder what Woodworking Sport is? What are Zines? I think they mean magazines. Under art there are lots of categories, but no split for oil paintings and watercolours. Would you buy from a category called Edibles, what's wrong with Food. However the most annoying thing is if you hover over a category a pop up box appears and partially obscures the pop out sub-list.

Unless there are lots more items for sale AND it is well publicised to attract buyers, it is just another good looking well intensioned web site. At present I doubt if I would use this site.

Roger

Comment

I sold on ebid for a while, and it was ok. I think if I'd stayed on it, I could have built up a reasonable shop there. The reason I stopped was because I had to effectively keep a separate stock for ebid, so that the item offered was always available, and that was taking too much space and organisation. Also, I was selling supplies, not crafts.

It seemed to me to be a pleasanter place than ebay, although slower sales wise. I'm not sure if you can get on ebids forums, but if you can, there was quite alot of discussion about how salers were.
          Celia
          I can't be creative and tidy too
          www.jencel.co.uk for beads, findings and threads
          The Occasional Sheffield Bead Shop
          Jencel on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by keystamp View Post
            I have just had a look at www.tosouk.com and initial impressions seem good.
            Just had a further look at tosuk and there is no facility to check on sold items. Also found that the earliest post in their Community pages was 6 September and virtually all posts are either by Admin or David ****inson their CEO. There seems to be no aparent way for them to cover their costs other than a donate button on the very lowest line of their web page. They do not even have an adverts.

If you read the Terms and Conditions then only handmade or vintage (over 20 years old) items are allowed to be listed. This should be good for a craft market place.

It might seem strange that another thread was started 2 days ago about a new craft market place http://www.craftsforum.co.uk/showthr...ht=#post478455. In this thread there was mention of a soft launch and I am guessing it has already started. I think these threads should be linked as I think they are talking about the same site.

Roger

Comment

Hi

I've just had a look at completed listings in various categories on E-bid & only a few things out of a few hundred sell so I wouldn't take the registration offer up it seems like alot of money to pay when they don't sell a huge amount of items
              www.mollyrosebudsshabbychicboutique.co.uk

Comment

Hi

I paid the £50 and havent had a sale in over 2 months trying to keep optimistic. It has a good forum with many good people and I think its trying hard but ebay as we all know is so big.Im going to keep plugging it the more who join the better it will be in the end .Then we can all say good bye to feebay
                http://www.butterflycraftsonline.co.uk

http://www.funplaques.com

Comment

I made the mistake of having a cursory look at ebid as a seller. I liked the fact that there were a lot of items for sale by a lot of sellers, many of whom had high feedbacks, So, I paid the £49.99 'special offer free lifetime selling fee' and listed quite a few things at prices that things sail out on ebay - exactly the same things that generated 16 sales on ebay in the same week. Result - nothing. So, I had a good look round ebid and was very surprised at what you see once you have a real look at the site. Firstly, those high feedbacks - meaningless because most of them, if not all seem to be just ebay feedbacks imported into the sellers account from ebay. If you look at a seller with a feedback of 20 or so then you get a realistic picture of sales actually on ebid. A feedback of 20 on ebay can be earned in a week for even a moderately active seller, here the average time to get a rating like that is a year or more even for active listers, Whereas on ebay, a high proportion of the things sell, on ebid, sellers with hundreds of products listed seem to be lucky to get one sale a month. And, because there are no listing fees it seems to be a huge magnet for people selling absolute junk, or listing it but not selling it. So, sellers with good commercial products find their stuff lost in a sea of junk listings. I sometimes wonder how many of the people listing this junk would be happy going to work for £5 an hour yet the time spent listing countless items that do not sell must mean their hourly return on the site is pennies. In my opinion not worth the time and effort spent to get to know the site and list stuff - unless that is you are the sort of person who would spend ten hours listing stuff that doesn't sell just because there is no fee for doing it.

anyone done any selling on e-bid ? I've sold quote a few items on the bay - and paid their massive fees - 10% final value plus listing fee. E-bid seem to be offering a "register and sell item free for life" special at £49.49. Whilst this is a chunk of cash I personally have paid over £80.00 in fees to the bay this year alone so am seriously thinking of changing. Would like to hear from anyone already registered and how do you find it ?

Will be perfect for listing my 99p items as they have a list until sold option at no cost!
                  Can't be true can it ??

thanks sharen[/QUOTE]

Comment

Working...
                  X