Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas please

Afternoon all,

I'm looking for some ideas for a Christening gift please... it is our niece's Christening on 30th October and we have been asked to source (or make) a bespoke piece for her from her grandparents. The spec we have is pretty basic:

1. Made of wood

2. Incorporate a fairy and a rose (Rose flower is very important)

So far it has been suggested either a fairy sitting on a rose, a fairy sitting on a toadstool and holding a rose or a fairy in a rose garden.

The problem we know have is "what" - ideally this would need to be either sculpted from wood or a pyrographed plaque, unless anyone can think of anything else suitable given the ideas and timescale.

Would love to hear your ideas and also an idea of prices if this is something you are able to do. As you can imagine, as a papercrafter I have no idea where to start :lol:

Love Laura xxx

How about one of pepsies litttle fairies holding a rose, sitting on something made by your OH
    full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

I was going to suggest one of Pepsi's Faries too. The Fairy could be wearing a rose petal dress with a rosebud cap or maybe a Fairy and babe in a crib of roses. Could be sat on a wood log, bough or root. The picture is of a Dragonfly by Pepsi perched on a tree root.

Mo.XX
      Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
      Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
      www.bodrighy.co.uk
      https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

How about a baby fairy in a rose bud on top of a box made of wood for her first tooth and curl ?
        Im sure one of the polymer crafters would be able to make the fairy in a rose (some of them are amazing) and a small wooden box im sure someone on here would be able to do
        New to Polymer any advice accepted

Comment

Pete ( Bodrighy Wood ) makes tooth fairy boxes and could fix a polymer clay fairy to the lid of one. He made some toadstool shaped ones last year which might look good,

Mo.XX
          Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
          Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
          www.bodrighy.co.uk

Comment

a picture frame perhaps?

Comment

Thank you for your feedback... having previously purchased works of beauty from Pepsi, I honestly do not know why i didn't think of that myself and will definitely be emailing her now!! Thank you!!

As for the woodcraft side of things, hubby is going to see what Rita (Pepsi) can suggest and perhaps work together with her, but I will definitely keep Pete in mind, tkank you!!

Laura xxx

Comment

Sorry Laura didn't realise your OH was a wood worker

Mo.XX
                Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
                www.bodrighy.co.uk

Comment

No prob Mo, he doesn't do woodturning - he makes peglooms, rusric candle holders, etc

No need to apologise

L xxx

Comment

Working...
                  X