is it too late?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it too late?

To organise a Christmas Handmade Fair in our Village?

I'm on a huge fundraising drive for our play park so all table fee's will go into that pot,
    do you think its too late to get crafters to book?

Thanks
    Viv
    Merrily sewing away... ooochh oucchhh oh well just another stabbed finger!

** NEW PAGE ** My Facebook Page ** NEW PAGE **
    Find me on Bear Pile

Not at all. I'm sure there are lots of peoplewho'd love the chance to attend another fair.
    full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Right I best get hold of the bookings secretary and get the hall booked then ta duck!

Find me on Bear Pile

Comment

No. The best fair I've attended was organised in a month. I have to say though, that the organiser was the networker of all networking mums and she was lovely so must have had loads of friends. She used her kids' school, her neighbours and their kids to distribute flyers to everywhere you could think off and all the towns streets (it seemed). Her friends and their friends pulled out all their stops to help with the organising and more publicity and I only attended because her email was so lovely - she'd just lost a friend to cancer and the money was going to cancer research and I'd lost a friend etc - because I had to put myself out to get there. I was so glad I did. The feeling of joy and success was overwhelming when she annouced how much we'd raised.

The only thing I'd say is watch the dates. Try to find out what's on on the same day. For instance, I'm pretty solidly booked for November, spaces in October and quite a bit free in December.

Comment

Definitly not to late imho. Go for it & good luck.

Drew
          Our Website & Blog (work in Progress)
          our Facebook page
          follow me on Twitter @handywoodcrafts

Comment

Nothing is ever too late.... Go for it......

Comment

Not too late at all - I'm turning down offers of stalls from people here (only because I'm already booked on their date). Let me know the date and the place and I'll see if I'm available.

I have contacts with a few other crafters round here too and some of them might be interested.

Linda

Comment

will post up in events as soon as I secure the hall... bookings lady can be tough to get hold of one of very few people not to have internet!!

Find me on Bear Pile

Comment

Good luck, wish i was closer, i'd support you.
                  http://www.etsy.com/shop/ChillOutChic
                  http://folksy.com/shops/Amberlilly

Comment

Thanks all, the hall is sadly fully booked up but one of our pubs has stepped in and offered their premises, a little smaller but what the hell something will be better than nothing and will look less empty if I don't get many stall holders

Off to sort out dates tonight

Find me on Bear Pile

Comment

Remeber to advertise well.
                      Local seaglass jewelery reclaimed, re-cycled and up-cycled from the victorian era and beyond.
                      A dwindling resource that wont last forever.

www.seatears.co.uk

www.seatears.misi.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by lillylines View Post
                        Good luck, wish i was closer, i'd support you.
                        and if I wasn't the wrong side of a heafty (gone up today) bridges toll, so would I!
                        full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

How about if the pitches are really cheap?

no date confirmed we're having a propper meeting Tues to finalise things.

Its going to be a propper outdoor christmas market, roasting chestnuts, mulled wine, hog roast (hopefully)
                          provisionally we're going to ask for a donation for a pitch (we're thinking of suggesting a fiver ? thoughts folks?!)

Now to find some of those rather usefull outdoor market stall thingies

Find me on Bear Pile

Comment

Good for you for sticking with it and finding another venue. You will also be surprise how quick word of mouth gets round, I am sure it'll be very busy
                            www.beadhall.com for semi precious, pearls and glass beads
                            Twitter - The Bead Hall Ltd

Comment

Working...
                            X