Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

do you include your info/price labels on online sales?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do you include your info/price labels on online sales?

Hey folks!

I was just curious to know whether you all include your price tags on your online orders when you ship them? I have been but am beginning to wonder if anyone else does and do I need to?!

Thanks!
    Dearest Jackdaw

Facebook

if youre selling online i dont really think there is a need to do that. you put the price tag on so people can just look and see when you're selling at a craft fair/store but online the website usually says the price right beside the picture or title of what youre selling so they already know the price. I think its something that they dont need since they already paid for it, and theyll just end up peeling it off right when they get it anyway. I could see maybe including a print out of what they ordered and the price beside it, kinda like a receipt. Ive never had a price tag on anything ive bought online, but it doesnt really matter either way to me personally.

Comment

Some of my items do and some don't depending whether they already had price labels on them from craft fair/events. I always include an invoice with my orders and would think it very strange (and unprofessional) if I bought something online and it didn't come with a printed invoice.
      Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Originally posted by nattynetty View Post
        Some of my items do and some don't depending whether they already had price labels on them from craft fair/events. I always include an invoice with my orders and would think it very strange (and unprofessional) if I bought something online and it didn't come with a printed invoice.

I may be wrong, but I thought it was a legal requirement to send an invoice for online purchases, with breakdown of charges - p&p, vat for example?

Jane

Jane
        www.just-soaps.com
        Twitter JUSTSOAPS
        FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
        Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

I send a packing slip and copy invoice with paid on, along with a brochure and business card but no do not leave the prices on the actual goods.

Comment

Originally posted by greannancrafts View Post
            I may be wrong, but I thought it was a legal requirement to send an invoice for online purchases, with breakdown of charges - p&p, vat for example?
            I assume it is too although I don't know if you'd be able to just email over the invoice (save paper, save the planet etc etc) instead.
            Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

The mummy granny side of me hates lables as they need to come off if the thing is for me or is a present. I hate stick on ones because they leave a sticky patch that gets dirty.
              The trading side of me hates lables because I need to alter the price and put my lables on (at fairs they are on the container/basket or looped onto the thing) and I'm so mean I whip them off when a customer buys something and use them again.

Invoices. As a trader I need a paper one. Some of my crafters/suppliers are a bit green and I end up writing one for them but most of them are well trained and pop one in the box with their stuff. Some online big boys (although I suspect they might be working out of a shed at the bottom of the garden) send me an emailed invoice/receipt and I get a PayPal one too with nothing in the box. Bit daft as I very forget who they are unless they are special.

What I do and what I like as a customer is an invoice/receipt and a business card or leaflet in the parcel with the goods. And I like them pretty or distinctive. I'm very visual and often forget names but remember people by their logo or letterheads.

Mummy Anne/Grannie Annie/Annie the Pedlar/Anna of Little Chile.
              (Heh heh! Only 3 more personas to invent and I could have a different persona for each day of the week. I'm working on the next one. It has to have something to do with corn dollies........)

Comment

I think it's good marketing practise to have the tags on (and yours are really beautiful!) incase the person is buying as a gift. I always use a pencil lightly for marking prices and rub them out when something is sold either in person or online to save the customer needing to. I also have the rule of no returns unless the tags are still attached!
                www.belovedly.co.uk
                www.mybelovedlylife.blogspot.com
                www.belovedly.folksy.com

Belovedly facebook group

Comment

Don't know why I'm answering this since I haven't sold anything yet, but, when I do (fingers crossed) I'll send them all with a business card. Business cards are dead cheap, people might keep them (I've kept receipts in the past to remind me where I bought some items from) and they might pass them onto a friend -or maybe I'm just being too optimistic
                  Helen
                  http://www.handbagsbyhelen.co.uk
                  http://www.facebook.com/HandmadeHandbags
                  http://www.folksy.com/shops/HandbagsbyHelen

Comment

Thank you all so much for taking the time to reply! I thought perhaps I should post an image of my tags as an example, because they're not just little price tags, they sort of act as a business card too and I also have matching hangers with care instructions on:

These are the front & back of my old ones, the new ones have less info on and are updated with "Dearest Jackdaw" instead of Jackdaw Boutique although I'm going to get more printed when I've properly branded my business (logo etc) I think I'll keep them on but pencil in the price so it can be rubbed out as alibear said - in case it's being bought as a gift

I've recently bought a pretty pad of paper that I plan on writing my receipts out on via my typewriter!
                    loukr
                    Last edited by loukr; 18-09-2011, 11:50 PM.
                    Dearest Jackdaw

Facebook

Comment

No , I do not put prices on the actual product, as it can be viewed on-line. I usually send my jewellery in cute boxes, alongside with some promotional items, small gifts or discounts. Plus prices can change ( sales or special promotions),so I think a price tag it's not that useful.
                      Love,
                      Bianca

www.madabouthandmade.co.uk
                      Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MadAboutHandmade

Comment

Working...
                      X