Please vote for me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please vote for me!

Hi everyone. I am not really sure where the right section to post this is and I have asked a moderator first prior to posting to make sure I wasn't breaching any rules.

I'm on a mission to get 500 votes that will enable me to get a small grant of £500 this will allow me to buy a new machine (planer thicknesser) that will help me process reclaimed timber faster. Basically If I reach the goal of 500 votes I should be eligable to get the grant. Things have been difficult for us to date with bad weather striking just after we set up the business and the sheds not being sufficient so we have spent the best part of the summer revamping our workshop in the back garden. I also cut my hand that kept me off the project for about 5 weeks. Picture blog here on FB and you can see how we managed with a shoestring budget and using mainly recycled or second hand items.

Anyone who is willing to help me please follow this link and vote for us please. I think you have to sign up to vote, but it is only your name and e-mail address with a password not anything major. I understand if you don't want to sign up.
    Thanks in advance!!

Drew
    Last edited by nattynetty; 15-09-2011, 11:47 PM.
    Our Website & Blog (work in Progress)
    our Facebook page
    follow me on Twitter @handywoodcrafts

I've changed your thread title Drew so hopefully it'll grab people's attention, you were being far too modest and reserved

Just to let everyone know you do have to sign up to vote but it only take a couple of seconds to do so.
    Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Done.. Good luck.

Comment

I think they are having problems tonight and will try again tomorrow.

Hold tight!
        The Enterprise Nation website will be right back. We're just adding a bit of oomph to our servers!
        Since we re-launched on Monday, we've had lots of traffic, which is no bad thing! But we've been struggling a bit to keep up.
        Our new servers will be able to cope with the load. In the meantime, make sure you follow us on Twitter or 'Like' us on Facebook, so we can let you know when we're back up.
        Sorry to keep you waiting!
        Oakdale Studios Facebook
        Bob Tanner Facebook ~~Viktor von Forkenspoon Facebook ~~Shirt Creek Facebook

“Our ordinary mind always tries to persuade us that we are nothing but acorns and that our greatest happiness will be to become;
        bigger, fatter, shinier acorns, but that is of interest, only to pigs. Our faith gives us knowledge of something better, that we can become oak trees.”

Comment

Thanks, I appreciate all the votes and support.

I didn't want to come accross as being pushy or desperate (pride maybe makes me reserved). I very rarely ask anything of anyone and find it hard especially from people I don't know.

Anyway before I end up getting all emulshional....... thanks!!!!!

Drew
          our Facebook page

Comment

I've voted for you, how does this enterprise scheme work? and why oh why don't you get this on facebook you'll get more than 500 votes!
            www.sophiecates.co.uk

Comment

I have it on my facebook page, But in all honesty I haven't had a big response so far, but it's only the first day. I have it on my own profile, my handywoodcrafts page, my wifes page and several groups.

I think it's a Paypal sponsorship..
              If you have an idea for a business and need a bit of cash to get started or you’re running a small business and need up to £500 to buy equipment, promotion flyers, hardware etc, you can apply.
              Apply for between £50 and £500 and once you receive the money, the only thing we ask is you agree to be profiled on the site so we can see how you’re getting on. The money doesn’t have to be paid back; it’s for you to use on your idea or business.

To be honest I went through the site and I will use it for info in the future but the biggest draw was the funding to try and help me move the business forward as I simply cant afford to buy anything else for the business. I applied for the full amount aswell so I can use some of it to pay for fairs and events as I am struggling to make ends meet just now. I recently worked out my outgoings and income and I have averaged £12 a week profit up till June after that well I can guarantee I'm in loss. as I havent sold a thing since then and have spent redoing the workshop.

There is only so much you can do with child tax credits and tax credits before things like bills start not getting paid. At this point it's do or die. I know it's only year one but I have to make this work as finding a full time job during my 2 years unemployment didn't happen and i don't see it having changed now either. I have over 20 years sales & sales managment experience. One job I applied for was job selling sweets to shops out a van something I consider with my experience would have been a doddle, they didn't even interview me they just sent a non descript e-mail saying I wasn't being considered. I applied for a coca~cola salemans job 1 vacancy 300+ applicants. Those are just a couple among the hundreds I probably applied for and didn't even get the decency of a reply saying they got the CV or the application.

Sorry for ranting I just want to support my family and give the kids a better chance than I got and I'm running out of ideas. So this small grant just might help me keep myself afloat long enough to become sucessfull.

Drew
              Last edited by HandyWoodcrafts; 16-09-2011, 04:01 AM.
              our Facebook page

Comment

Originally posted by HandyWoodcrafts View Post
                I didn't want to come accross as being pushy or desperate (pride maybe makes me reserved). I very rarely ask anything of anyone and find it hard especially from people I don't know.
                I know - that's why I was pushy for you
                Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Done Drew, will get Pete to vote this evening if he hasn't picked it up before then. Come on, you're a successful sales man sell yourself, not easy I know but have faith and keep bumping this thread to make sure as many people as possible will see it.

Mo.XX
                  Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
                  Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
                  www.bodrighy.co.uk
                  https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Well it's taken about 10 minutes, but I've done it (I think it's down to the rubbish service we get from the servers at work that it took so long!).

Wishing you every success Drew.

Linda

Comment

Voted, took a couple of minutes.
                      http://www.scrumptioustextiles.blogspot.com

Comment

And another one up there from me... Won't be long now
                        Blog: http://rosmademe.blogspot.com

Comment

Voted Drew you.....goodluxk. Might look into this myself as I need a decent extraction system. I'll look at it properly when I get on to computer this evening.
                          "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
                          Facebook

Website

Comment

Just voted for you too.... Is there a time scale on when the votes need to be counted? or is it just until you reach 500 votes?

It seems like a great idea, ive sent an email to a few of my contacts requesting votes for you too, good luck!
                            Hello. Your Course Search is the website that helps you find things to learn near you.
                            From Photography to Upholstery & Jewellery Making to Bread Baking, there’s a Course to inspire everyone.
                            YourCourseSearch.com - coming soon

Comment

It still wont work for me on Google Chrome or Explorer, this is what I get...

Enterprise Nation
                              Hold tight!
                              The Enterprise Nation website will be right back. We're just adding a bit of oomph to our servers!
                              Since we re-launched on Monday, we've had lots of traffic, which is no bad thing! But we've been struggling a bit to keep up.
                              Our new servers will be able to cope with the load. In the meantime, make sure you follow us on Twitter or 'Like' us on Facebook, so we can let you know when we're back up.
                              Sorry to keep you waiting!
                              Oakdale Studios Facebook
                              Bob Tanner Facebook ~~Viktor von Forkenspoon Facebook ~~Shirt Creek Facebook

“Our ordinary mind always tries to persuade us that we are nothing but acorns and that our greatest happiness will be to become;
                              bigger, fatter, shinier acorns, but that is of interest, only to pigs. Our faith gives us knowledge of something better, that we can become oak trees.”

Comment

Working...
                              X