Light my Fire!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light my Fire!

Does anyone have any tips or ideas on how to light my Craft Table at my next show?. I am under a large Marquee that has no lighting and no Electric provided. I thought of Battery Fairy lights as I have no extra cash to buy proper fancy lighting but I don't want it to look cheap and tacky...your thoughts appreciated....

Several years ago I bought a couple of battery powered lights that would work (2xAA batteries each).

They are the size and shape of tea-plates and have loads of LED lights in them (looks like UFOs when lit!). They have hanging rings on the back.
    I got them from 'In Excess' which is a shop that stocks clearance stuff, so I can't tell you where to buy them.

I would suggest that you look anywhere that stocks a decent range of torches because basically that's what they are.
    Annie and Lyn
    www.rosiepink.typepad.co.uk

Comment

I've just had a very quick 'Google' and found these
      http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rolson-Tools...4776491&sr=1-2

They are not as big as mine, but it will give you an idea of what to look for.
      Annie and Lyn
      www.rosiepink.typepad.co.uk

Comment

hmm sounds like a conundrum, you could always use those saucer lights, they are round and you push the light to turn it on, or if you want to be a bit more eco friendly and dont mind winding them up every 30 mins, you could use wind up lamps,

good luck, and i hope your market goes well!

Zoe
        www.zoetheartjar.blogspot.co.uk/
        www.theartjar.com

Comment

Thanks all, I will try those lights, they are safe too - dont want to upset the PLI now do we? lol, x

Comment

I have used the torch part of camping "head torches" If you take the elastic strap off, the torch stand up really well and angles too. you can get them quite cheaply online.
            Happy Crafting!
            Claire

Facebook
            Etsy shop
            Folksy shop
            My blog

Comment

I use Mighty Brights, run on batteries and are very good with a bright clear light: Amazon sometimes Hobbycraft have them on special offer

Comment

Thanks Carol they sound perfect. x

Comment

I have found some battery run lights in a General shop in town, they look like crystals and are clear and Ice white, so for £6 I think I have found the answer, I may use scatter crystals to reflect off them too, Thanks to all who helped with suggestions

Comment

impossible fireflies

I found this.........right and proper in every way.

Vik

http://www.deadinsect.co.uk/2011/06/...ble-fireflies/

This is a thermoelectric lantern using energy from one tea-light candle to power 6 high brightness LED fireflies who cluster round the flame. The combined light output of the LEDs is about 100 times more than the light output of the candle.

It’s constructed using a chip from an old 12v fridge, which normally uses electricity to create a temperature difference across its two faces. In a fridge, one side of this chip is kept at room temperature, and therefore the other side becomes colder.

In this project, we run this effect in reverse, heating one side of the chip with a candle, and allowing the other side to cool with a heatsink from an old Dell computer. So we generate small voltage which we then amplify to power the LEDs.

The lamp is made from an antique Chinese-made oil lamp. The oil fill valve on the back of the lamp has been converted into the control switch with 3 modes – FIREFLIES – OFF – HI-BEAM.

Oakdale Studios Facebook
                    Bob Tanner Facebook ~~Viktor von Forkenspoon Facebook ~~Shirt Creek Facebook

“Our ordinary mind always tries to persuade us that we are nothing but acorns and that our greatest happiness will be to become;
                    bigger, fatter, shinier acorns, but that is of interest, only to pigs. Our faith gives us knowledge of something better, that we can become oak trees.”

Comment

Wow!, this looks better than the Jewellery I want to light up!!! lol, x

Comment

Originally posted by Ellie-Gance View Post
                        Wow!, this looks better than the Jewellery I want to light up!!! lol, x
                        It could be enough of a conversation topic to gather customers to your stall?

I'm off to the tip for an old fridge tomorrow lol
                        Oakdale Studios Facebook
                        Bob Tanner Facebook ~~Viktor von Forkenspoon Facebook ~~Shirt Creek Facebook

“Our ordinary mind always tries to persuade us that we are nothing but acorns and that our greatest happiness will be to become;
                        bigger, fatter, shinier acorns, but that is of interest, only to pigs. Our faith gives us knowledge of something better, that we can become oak trees.”

Comment

Working...
                        X