Celebs at craft shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celebs at craft shows

Just wondered if anyone has seen a celebrity at a craft show? You see quite at few at the festivals and country type show but don't recall ever seeing a celeb at a craft show. Naturally if you have a craft stall on the street you get lots of we known faces walking past and sometimes even stopping, browsing and buying. Naturally we can debte who is and isn't a celebrity as we all seem to have our 15 minutes of fame these days.

At Sandringham in the 80s the Queen used to tour all the marquees at the end of the last day (Needless to say she never bought anything off us).

Have also seen Princess Anne going round the Gatcombe fair (also in the 80s / 90s)

Both of these events were with Rainbow Fair, held bi-annually in the grounds of these stately homes, and I think Connie was well in with Royalty!
    Kate
    www.cuckoos-nest-fairs.co.uk

Comment

martin platt from Coronation Street, but not sure that qualifies lol x

Comment

My friend has a homemade cake stall and sold a chocolate cake to Jean-Christophe Novelli at the local food festival.
        full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Originally posted by beadsbydesign View Post
          My friend has a homemade cake stall and sold a chocolate cake to Jean-Christophe Novelli at the local food festival.
          Wow kudos to her!

Comment

Originally posted by beadsbydesign View Post

I might be impressed if I knew who he was.....!!
            www.happysheepdesigns.com

Photographic cards, prints and gifts, and hand-knitted/crocheted accessories and clothing

www.busyted.co.uk

Home of Busy Ted! Also find him on Twitter @busytedstuff and on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by HappySheep View Post
              I might be impressed if I knew who he was.....!!
              Mm. me too. I have sort of heard the name but can't put a face to it. It must be my age.
              Carol
              God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Think he is the French chef - did Celebrity Hell's Kitchen many years ago with Gordon Ramsey

Jill
                One craft project, like one cookie, is never enough!

http://christmaspiecrafts.blogspot.com/
                Twitter: @jillspain
                http://www.etsy.com/shop/ChristmasPieCrafts

Comment

http://www.jeanchristophenovelli.com/
                  full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

I sold some soap and creams to Clare Balding last year, she is so attractive in the flesh, had a long chat - she is really the "girl next door" type. It is such a pity that TV doesn't do her justice.

Jane
                    www.just-soaps.com
                    Twitter JUSTSOAPS
                    FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
                    Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Her personality, warmth and passion shine through though don't they which makes it not matter
                      www.belovedly.co.uk
                      www.mybelovedlylife.blogspot.com
                      www.belovedly.folksy.com

Belovedly facebook group

Comment

martin platt from Coronation Street, but not sure that qualifies lol x
                        I met him too, years ago when I was doing a stall at the Crucible Theatre in Sheffield. He was in a play and he stopped by the stall and had a chat. I saw the play too. It was about the miners strike in the 1980s and was very good.
                        Celia
                        I can't be creative and tidy too
                        www.jencel.co.uk for beads, findings and threads
                        The Occasional Sheffield Bead Shop
                        Jencel on Facebook

Comment

Lawrence lewellyn bowen at cotswold craft market cirencester,and the male tv vet cant think of his name at moreton in marsh.

Ozzie
                          Ozzie
                          www.fraught-iron.co.uk

Comment

The Duke of Edinburch stopped and made some comment about my big mushrooms also Tracey Emin and Julian Lloyd Webber stopped and had a browse at The International Eisteddfod in Llangollen and Chralottes Chirch stopped when I we were working in Cardiff a few years ago. A well known rock star bought a yew lamp off us a few years ago.
                            In you do see a lot of sports stars but only the rugby playeres ever used to stop. I think some people are wrapped in their own world. You see lost of the local TV people from BBC Wales etc and they would often stop and buy bits and pieces.
                            Went to Cardiff yesterday and The National Museum is well worth a visit also there is a new John Lewis store with lots af craft and designer items.
                            Went to Craft in the Bay but was bit disappointed because it all seemed to be mainly all pottery and virtually no wood. I went a few years ago and their was quite a lot of turned items. Must go . Been doing the labels and answering a few enquiries etc.. Happy crafting

Comment

Working...
                            X