Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sizzix

Hi all
    I am new to this site and would like a little guidence if possible. My daughter bought a sizzix machine complete with a white hard plastic type mat (4.75" x 6.5") and a metal plate saying sizzix System Converter a few years ago with some cutting dies but no instruction manual.
    She is able to cut with the dies and would like to try some embossing, is it possible to do this with this machine with what she has got and if so how is it done. I have a cuttlebug with some embossing folders but I don't know if they will work or how to put them into the sissix. Any help would be appreciated.
    Regards

Is it the old red sizzix machine she has?

Comment

Sorry to take so long in replying but yes it is the old red sizzix
      Thank you so much

Comment

You can use most of the embossing folders with it easily. Stick your system converter and your thick white cutting pad on the machine. Put the paper you want to emboss inside the Tim Holtz, Cuttlebug, or other embossing folder. Now run it through the machine just like you would a die.

You can use any compatible sizzix dies in the machine but for the spellbinders dies, you will probably need to add more shims to get a clean first cut and you simply play around with it adding until you get it right...and then once you have the right amount of shim you simply keep this for future use.

There is a no more shims product out there (not sure who makes it?)and many people swear that it simplifies the process.

There are a few sites with instruction sheets on what to do...this is one of them. If you check out utube I bet you will find older video tutorials on techniques/things to do/make using the old red sizzix machine

Hope that helps?

Comment

Working...
        X