Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I haven't been sittting down doing nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I haven't been sittting down doing nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have, as promised made an album of some of the pieces that I have been knocking up since moving. Some (the bejeweled bowls) are prototypes and some of the photos are not the best but hopefully they will; show you something of what I have been up to. If any of you are interested that is. They are in an album here

Pete
    "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
    Facebook

Website

Gosh you have been a busy bee. Has Mo been cracking the whip? That's an awful lot of creations. I love the gem stone chip platter. Are they enclosed in resin?
    full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Lets just say that if I don't work I don't get fed LOL. Seriously a good few of the pieces are collaborative in as much as she has a good bit of input regarding design. "That's naff...do it again, that is OK, if you did this it would be better LOL" Actually she does help a lot as she has a really good eye for shape etc and we are batting ideas off each other. A couple of novel ideas in mind which hopefully we can put up soon.

Pete
      "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
      Facebook

Website

Comment

Wow. How have you found the time to do all that? Love the spalted beech boxes and the domed one and the bejewelled platter and ... well, all of it really.
        Carol
        God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Critchley View Post
          Wow. How have you found the time to do all that? Love the spalted beech boxes and the domed one and the bejewelled platter and ... well, all of it really.
          Carol, he is in the workshop till 1am and gone sometimes !! Go back for lunch and find there are three new items sat on the kitchen worktop ready for inspection LOL Obviously I'm a little biased, but I think they are lovely too.

Pete is quite capable of feeding himself so that's no punishment, can think of one or two other things I could deprive him of though......................................access to our timber stocks for example.

Mo.XX
          Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
          Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
          www.bodrighy.co.uk
          https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Wonderful pieces - obviously the new location agrees with you Pete!

I love the rustic wooden pestle and mortar.
            Ali x

Etsy Shop: aliscraftstudio.etsy.com
            Facebook: AlisCraftStudio
            Follow me on Twitter:
            @AlisCraftStudio

Comment

Originally posted by AliCat View Post
              Wonderful pieces - obviously the new location agrees with you Pete!

I love the rustic wooden pestle and mortar.
              It's mine LOL !!!

Mo.XX
              Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
              Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
              www.bodrighy.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by MornieG Jewellery View Post
                It's mine LOL !!!

Mo.XX
                LOL - one of the perks, eh?!! I love the look of it and can imagine how great that is to use (not that I use one now!)
                Ali x

Etsy Shop: aliscraftstudio.etsy.com
                Facebook: AlisCraftStudio
                Follow me on Twitter:
                @AlisCraftStudio

Comment

It's mine LOL !!!

Mo.XX
                  Oh!..unless someone offers a silly price of course LOL.

Peter
                  Facebook

Website

Comment

Lovely, lovely work Pete. Very nice shape and form in there! (well done Mo......)

X.
                    www.formerglory.co.uk- www.seatweaving.blogspot.com - Facebook page - Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Former Glory View Post
                      Lovely, lovely work Pete. Very nice shape and form in there! (well done Mo......)

X.
                      Thanks Kim, but Pete is giving me more credit than I'm due here. We just bat about ideas, he does the turning and creates the pieces.

Mo.XX
                      Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
                      www.bodrighy.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Kim, but Pete is giving me more credit than I'm due here. We just bat about ideas, he does the turning and creates the pieces.

Mo.XX
                        I know Mo, you both deserve the credit, he's a very talented man and you're a very talented lady, together makes an unbeatable combination.

Btw, I think the gem inset pieces are gorgeous.
                        www.formerglory.co.uk- www.seatweaving.blogspot.com - Facebook page - Twitter

Comment

Glorious work, as always. I see you are very much into oriental style pots at the moment, they a beautiful shapes - and I love the mortar and pestle!

I really wish you lived quite a bit closer to us as we have a couple of limbs from our walnut tree sitting at the back of the house getting buried in the weeds. They've been there a good couple of years and I'm sure you could do fabulous things with it.

Linda

Comment

Originally posted by craftdancer View Post
                            Glorious work, as always. I see you are very much into oriental style pots at the moment, they a beautiful shapes - and I love the mortar and pestle!

I really wish you lived quite a bit closer to us as we have a couple of limbs from our walnut tree sitting at the back of the house getting buried in the weeds. They've been there a good couple of years and I'm sure you could do fabulous things with it.

Linda
                            Where are you Linda? English walnut is like hens teeth and may be worth having a go at persuading my chauffeuse to go for a little trip.

Thanks for the compliments everyone. Mo is being modest (for a change) her input is far more than she realises.

Pete
                            Facebook

Website

Comment

Wow, busy busy schedule. Do you like to have few hours off! May be it will warm up.

Comment

Working...
                              X