Two Crafts one stand.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Crafts one stand.

First joint craft table at a charity fund raiser for British Heart Foundation.

Very busy background and I promise the table looked so much better in real life ! I blame it on the quality of the photographer LOL

Mo and Pete XX
    Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    www.bodrighy.co.uk
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

You have combined them well. How did it go.
    Carol
    God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

It was ok, Pete did better than me and we actually did one a couple of weeks ago together but didn't have the Acrylic display steps then, and that was about the same except that I had a better day, all in all we are about even stevens. Quite nice to have something that interests men and woman on the one stand. Another couple to do by mid sept so fingers crossed. Bit of a cheat really as we have no travelling as the events are held in the grounds of where Pete lives.

Mo.XX
      Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
      Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
      www.bodrighy.co.uk

Comment

Well it is absolutely gorgeous - VERY sophisticated!!! Like the bricks as a backdrop, too - can you take some with you to all your markets? =D

Congratulations on putting the two arts together so beautifully!!

p.s. I mentioned to someone in the thread about spinning newspaper that Pete made drop spindles...am I wrong? If not, he might want to check out that thread and respond...
        Last edited by removed10; 26-07-2011, 12:41 AM.

Comment

That looks really good. My first thought would have been to keep the jewellery separate from the wood but they look intriguing together. I'm impressed.

Comment

Very effective, well done both of you.

David

Comment

Originally posted by Oddsox View Post
              Very effective, well done both of you.

David
              Hi David and thanks, see you in September for the last one there, hope it's good for all of us.

Mo.XX
              Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
              www.bodrighy.co.uk

Comment

Looks absolutely gorgeous, and would attract me straight away a) because I love anything made from 'proper' wood and b) because I'm a girl and instantly attracted to anything sparkly!

Well done both of you.

Tarina
                http://tarinaknits.blogspot.com

Comment

A brave effort but have to say that mixing crafts is not allowed by many organisers as it causes a lot of conflict from my experience

Comment

Looking good Mo!
                    www.formerglory.co.uk- www.seatweaving.blogspot.com - Facebook page - Twitter

Comment

Think it looks really good together guys! Love the brick background too brings together all the elements...
                      Blog: www.covegardennursery.co.uk/garden-nursery-blog/
                      Facebook: Cove Garden Nursery

Comment

Originally posted by Turn That View Post
                        A brave effort but have to say that mixing crafts is not allowed by many organisers as it causes a lot of conflict from my experience
                        Thats a valid point. I had forgotten about it but as they are very local it is probably acceptable.
                        Carol
                        God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

That works very well together. It's certainly a stand I would stop and peruse if I saw it.

Linda

Comment

Originally posted by Turn That View Post
                            Would one way around that be to give your application one business name that encompasses everything? For instance, instead of "Pete's Wood Stuff" and "Mo's Jewelry Stuff" they could call themselves "Pete's and Mo's Mercantile?"

That's just a silly example but maybe it illustrates the idea...maybe not...but then that might mean re-applying for a tax ID...but still, if she sold her things as herself, under the umbrella name, and he sold his things as himself...maybe it would all be as usual and no new registering would be required.

Comment

Originally posted by cosmic grammie View Post
                              Well it is absolutely gorgeous - VERY sophisticated!!! Like the bricks as a backdrop, too - can you take some with you to all your markets? =D

Congratulations on putting the two arts together so beautifully!!

p.s. I mentioned to someone in the thread about spinning newspaper that Pete made drop spindles...am I wrong? If not, he might want to check out that thread and respond...
                              The brick wall is part of a covered Cloister that runs along one and a bit sides of a small quadrangle beside the house and is constructed from reclaimed bricks. The shell appliques on the back wall have been moved several times and need a certain amount of repair and the floor of the cloister is mainly spanish tiles. There is a built-in outdoor Pizza Oven at one end and inset stainedglass windows here and there. The who place is an eclectic mixture of in your face design features and is absolutely wonderful. Even if you don't like it you can appreciate it for what it is.

If you carry out your threat Susan to get your passport and come and visit us, I will give you a guided tour.

Pete still makes drop spindles, I missed that post will go and find it. Thanks. Between companies so I'm off line myself in work ATM it's driving me crazy !!!!

Mo.XX
                              Last edited by MornieG Jewellery; 26-07-2011, 08:58 PM.
                              Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
                              www.bodrighy.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X