A change of direction for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A change of direction for me

Well, after spending the past 4 years or so accumulating what seems to be the entire world's supply of beads, and then becoming increasingly frustrated with trying to sell the jewellery made out of said beads, I've decided a big change is in order.

I'm now only working in polymer clay, which is a medium I love, and I find making my own beads sooo satisfying. Not only can I make jewellery, I've had quite a few enquiries from people who want to buy beads from me too

If you want to keep updated with my switch from glass beaded jewellery to polymer clay, check out my FB page www.facebook.com/ladyluckjewellery

There'll be another announcement of a new craft venture there soon too!!!

Claire
    Website; www.midshiresmakers.co.uk
    Facebook Pages: www.facebook.com/weedoncraftmarket
    www.facebook.com/craftshoppingexperience

I think it's becoming increasingly common for those of us who have been making beaded jewellery to move into a more "niche" area, if that makes sense. No offence at all intended to anyone who makes beaded jewellery - it's still one of my loves! - but with so many people now giving it a go, there is a need to make what you do a bit more individual. That's why chainmaille has struck such a chord with me - not a massive number of people over here doing it yet, so I have a chance to build my knowledge and my skills, plus I am completely addicted!!

So good luck with your new direction, and I hope it takes you on an exciting journey!!

Sarah Gail Designs
    Sarah Gail Designs on Facebook
    Crafty Cat Events
    Crafty Cat Events on Facebook

Comment

I think as good business owners we have to move with the times to grow and survive, making your own beads is more creative so good for you

Comment

Good luck with your new venture - we all have to diversify to grow.
        Looking forward to seeing your new work.
        www.just-soaps.com
        Twitter JUSTSOAPS
        FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
        Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

All the very best. I too have a massive collection of beads never touch them anymore, i moved on to polymer clay a few years back too lol x
          Bubbleicious http://www.fimo-heaven.com
          Folksy Shop http://www.folksy.com/shops/SweetFimoHeaven
          Twitter http://twitter.com/#!/fimo_heaven
          Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fimo-H...27078970739421

Comment

Good luck to you Claire. Diversity is the spice of life. Have fun.
            Carol
            God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Good luck, Claire. As everyone has said, it sounds like a good change for you.
              Celia
              I can't be creative and tidy too
              www.jencel.co.uk for beads, findings and threads
              The Occasional Sheffield Bead Shop
              Jencel on Facebook

Comment

Good luck with the new direction Claire, can't wait to see some of your new finished pieces on here.

Hope you manage to shift all those left over beads
                Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Good luck, Claire, I called over to your facebook page to say hello.
                  Annie

Comment

Thanks for all of the good wishes everyone!!! I just need to get my butt into gear & tidy up my work area so I can get making in clay again, at the moment it looks like a bomb has gone off & scattered beads everywhere!!!

Claire
                    Website; www.midshiresmakers.co.uk
                    Facebook Pages: www.facebook.com/weedoncraftmarket
                    www.facebook.com/craftshoppingexperience

Comment

Working...
                    X