Writing on wood hangers? How?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Writing on wood hangers? How?

Are there any wise inventive types that can think of a way I can write on a coat hanger?

I am sewing 5 bridesmaids dresses and want to deliver them on my nice wooden hangers with the kids names on (confusion prevention!).

I'm think like the chalk pens you get but permenant and that will not rub off onto my dresses!! (disaster if that happens)

I might take a run into Hobbycraft tomorrow or so and have a shufty, but would like to have a rough idea on the properties of the magicmarkers and the like.

Any pearls of wisdom anyone? Or should I stick to luggage tags for safety!!
    X
    Krysia
    my folksy
    Kryshees Blog
    www.kryshees.com

If you are intent on naming the hanger then I would use a permanent overhead projection pen as these are permanent. I use either an Edding 141F or a fine Stabilo OHPen. They only come in primary colours, but might leave a slight residue if rubbed. You can buy these either from stationers or craft shops (they are also good for writing on ploythene).

You could to use a luggage tag as you could print something to fit inside the tag. Another alternative would be to print something that could hang off the hook. You would need to use either a heavy duty paper or card and would be a simple to do.

Roger

Comment

Thanks Roger. I do happen to have an ohp pen so ll give it a go and see how durable it is.

x
      Krysia
      my folksy
      Kryshees Blog
      www.kryshees.com

Comment

Sharpie pens will write permanantly on all surfaces
        full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Sharpies will stay put and are easy to use or if you wanted to stamp lettering on you would need to use Stazon ink...once dry it does exactly as the name suggests and it stays on whatever you have stamped on..wood, glass, acetate etc...

But with both options you must leave it to dry fully first or it will smudge

Comment

Thanks guys, I had a quick visit to hobby craft and they suggested sharpies too! ((does a dance))
            xx
            my folksy
            Kryshees Blog
            www.kryshees.com

Comment

Have a word with Wendy... she is bound to know!
              Blog: http://rosmademe.blogspot.com

Comment

I can print you off some special little fabric tags to sew inside if you want with their names on? Think I've still got some printable fabric, let me know xx
                www.belovedly.co.uk
                www.mybelovedlylife.blogspot.com
                www.belovedly.folksy.com

Belovedly facebook group

Comment

Failing that.....Sakura Gelly Glaze pens are BRILL!!
                  Sarah x

~ The Lilac Dragonfly- Handmade Jewellery ~

~ Facebook Page ~

Comment

ooh good ideas folks. I have A pen...just need the time to experiment. Its our village carnival tonight and finishing off the kids costumes as well aser 'finishing' the brdesmaids dresses.

oh look a distraction!
                    my folksy
                    Kryshees Blog
                    www.kryshees.com

Comment

Im currently making fabric swing tags for some crafty project in my head(please see flickr pic, tag hanging on the left).I could use a flowery background and add the childs name in the middle.
                      PM me if your interested.
                      http://www.flickr.com/photos/3918819...in/photostream
                      https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Comment

Thanks darling! I'll keep that in mind for my next project that could work everso nicely!!

X
                        my folksy
                        Kryshees Blog
                        www.kryshees.com

Comment

Rather than write on the hangers, I would use a water-slide decal paper to print the names off. This should give you a really lovely finish.

The best decal paper I have found is from Crafty Computer Paper. They are one of the few companies that sell it for use with a laser printer, as well as an inkjet :-)

Comment

Working...
                          X