Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two questions .....?

We have two questions for UK crafters.
    1. Where do you get your inspiration from?
    2. What do you think are hot craft trends in the UK at the moment?
    We posted question 1. on Facebook. A US magazine has asked the same questions recently. I am keen to see whether there is a difference in the answers.

My answers are:
    1. I love browsing sites like this one, reading magazines and keeping my eyes peeled for things when I am out and about.
    2. Anything steampunk, nostalgic, retro. I think there is a move towards home decor (probably because of the economy and because of TV programmes like "Kirstie's Homemade Home"). At CHSi in February there seemed to be less papercrafts exhibitors than normal and more fabric/ haberdashery suppliers.
    What do you think?
    COUNTRY LOVE CRAFTS - 01235 861700
    Ceramic Supplies, Craft Blanks, Acrylic Paints, Decopatch and Much More! Global shipping. Speedy Deliveries.
    Facebook * Twitter * Website * E-mail *

1. Where do you get your inspiration from? Everywhere, from a shop window display to nature which is why I always carry my sketch book and camera with me

2. What do you think are hot craft trends in the UK at the moment? This is a hard one with the way they have been plugging machines on C & C with sloppy makes I suppose textiles, hard on me as half the stuff made is rubbish as no finishing skills just thrown together with a price tag on. Sorry if I sound bitter but I spent a lot of time and money fine tuning my skills a bit like art and fine art in my book.

Comment

Inspiration can come from anywhere, but the most inspiring thing is Mother Nature - she wins hands down for colours and textures.

We think that textiles are the hot trend - felt making in particular!
      Annie and Lyn
      www.rosiepink.typepad.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for your replies. Here's the links from the US Keepsakes Magazine that I made reference to in my post. The magazine asked what they thought was the latest trends (in scrapbooking) and where crafters got their inspiration from. Click on the links if you are interested in seeing the replies.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/C...50220045309421
        http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/h...50220519664421
        COUNTRY LOVE CRAFTS - 01235 861700
        Ceramic Supplies, Craft Blanks, Acrylic Paints, Decopatch and Much More! Global shipping. Speedy Deliveries.
        Facebook * Twitter * Website * E-mail *

Comment

Originally posted by Caroleecrafts View Post
          1. Where do you get your inspiration from? Everywhere, from a shop window display to nature which is why I always carry my sketch book and camera with me
          Good idea to bring camera, Caroline, I never think to use the camera on my phone but will remember now you mention it.
          Annie

Comment

Working...
          X