Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Workspace

Hello Everyone,

I really need some help, I've been working from home for the last 6 years working from my dining room table in our kitchen, and to be honest I think its time to make over our small office into a workshop so that the family can finally eat a meal altogether at the table.

I am having trouble with ideas as I have so much stuff for such a little space. I paint plaques and wooden letters then decorate, design work, packaging and running my website etc so need to use the space wisely also giving me a nice enviroment to work in. I would love to hear from anyone that could give me the inspiration to start
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!

Waiting in hope Lara x
    Larissa

Website Gifts-r-us.com

My Facebook Fan page

My Blog

Have you an IKEA near you? they offer some good deals and often much cheaper than purpose built furniture. I would have thought units with washable worktops would be ideal ranging from drawers to cupboards with storage boxes. Start off by looking at your raw materials and the best way to store them, wood blanks, paints etc. The paints would need to be within easy reach not put away so a series of small narrow wall shelves above the work area this way you can see the colours instantly. Have space to move or place each stage of your work you have already listed your work areas, again this should help you plan.

It takes a long time to build a work area to exactly how you want it and sometimes best to do gradually as you can change our mind once started or see a different way of doing things, not sure if this helps or not but my areas are always evolving one of the main things I must do is tidy up after each project, well that is what I tell myself, lol

Comment

There is a great blog showing some clever storage ideas and looking around other peoples craft spaces (can bring out the green-eyed-monster big time though!) It is well worth a look - many of the posts are from America but IKEA storage is used a lot and therefore can also be bought over here easily too. http://craftystorage.blogspot.com/
      Ali x

Etsy Shop: aliscraftstudio.etsy.com
      Facebook: AlisCraftStudio
      Follow me on Twitter:
      @AlisCraftStudio

Comment

Thanks Ali, wow what an amazing blog, so many ideas, just wish I had more space and yes i'm now green with envy. But love it!
        Thank you too Caroline will be visiting Ikea soon, I do try to avoid the place as I always spend to much, but they know how best to use space.

First things first is a clear out but think I might add photos and progress on my blog.

Thanks guys x
        Larissa

Website Gifts-r-us.com

My Facebook Fan page

My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by AliCat View Post
          There is a great blog showing some clever storage ideas and looking around other peoples craft spaces (can bring out the green-eyed-monster big time though!) It is well worth a look - many of the posts are from America but IKEA storage is used a lot and therefore can also be bought over here easily too. http://craftystorage.blogspot.com/
          thanks ali ... just the kind of link i needed, desperatly need to do something with my work area and this seems to be the best blog to get inspired for the job !
          Diane
          www.tailormade.etsy.com

Comment

Working...
          X