Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I would love to start a local crafts group.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would love to start a local crafts group.

I would really love to find local people who could meet up and craft and socialize together. I live in Chesterfield in Derbyshire. Is there anyone nearby who would be interested?
    Allison
    www.cardtoppers4crafts.com
    www.epbeads.co.uk/freeguide

I may be interested, Allison. I've been thinking lately that I'd like to go to a regular beading group, but I don't really have the time to organise it myself.
    Celia
    I can't be creative and tidy too
    www.jencel.co.uk for beads, findings and threads
    The Occasional Sheffield Bead Shop
    Jencel on Facebook

Comment

I don't mind the organising, it's the getting the word out to local crafters that I could do with some help with.
      Allison

Comment

Hi Allison, it may help you get more replies, if you say a bit more about what you currently do, and what other types of craft you are interested in, if any.

It seems from your links that you are into cards and beading, but a bit more detail might bring in some of the other crafter's in the area with similar skills,or even interested people with complete different crafts, which would make any get together's much more interesting.

I am not too far away, near Mansfield, but my thing is wood, particularly the old traditional games and puzzles etc, and my better half is into textiles, quilting, patchwork, embroidery, among other things.

regards
        John
        www.jbwoodcraft.co.uk

Comment

I don't live too fa away and would be interested, but like Jabby says, perhaps you could be a bit more specific about what your thoughts and plans are.
          Wid

Comment

I don't mind the organising, it's the getting the word out to local crafters that I could do with some help with.
            I may be able to help there, Wendy. If something is organised, I could let people know through my email newsletter. Quite a few of them are in the Chesterfield area, and although most of them are beady people, many are interested in other crafts. It could be a start, and word would spread.
            Celia
            Jencel on Facebook

Comment

I live in the West Midlands, Wolverhampton, and I set up a page on Facebook because I wanted to do the same thing - I've had so many people come and join, just a suggestion to get everyone together

Comment

Have you tried your local Freegle site?

Ours has a 'cafe' and they regularly have odd topic meetings between Freeglers.
                Do not watch this space

Comment

Or a local forum? We have a Sheffield Forum, which would be a part of the catchment area, and there's probably a Chesterfield one.
                  Celia
                  Jencel on Facebook

Comment

I have been away for short while and then came back and saw the replies. Its nice to know there is some interest. Thanks for the ideas guys!

My main interests are jewellery making with beads, cards and scrapbooking. But I can turn my hand to most things and have made many craft projects over the years. I have done projets for craft magazines and have guest presented on Create and Craft TV (but I hate live tv, so I will avoid it at all costs). I think I can secure a meeting room in Chesterfield. I just wanted to bounce ideas of people or get their suggestions. As this is not a money making venture, I want to reach out to people but not have huge promotional costs. Any way all interested parites are welcome to get in touch with my via one of my websites in my signature.
                    Allison

Comment

Working...
                    X