Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craft box

Hii!

I suppose I should have realised this but on my little crafting journey I am amassing rather a lot crafty things for use 'one day', I am such a hoarder! It also things like storage for glues, tapes, scissors, sewing kit and maybe books ..

Any ideas on what to store it in? A shoe box just isn't cutting it anymore, it needs to be much bigger, I don't want to spend money so am thinking of attaching new boxes to my current box as a recycle job. Do you think it will work?

KayleighAnn
    My Homemade Life

Or at least the early beginnings

I have quite a few bits and pieces for my crafts, so I went to my local pound store and bought a few big boxes from there to store everything in. I also had a few empty ice cream tubs that were saved for situations like this.
    Stephen
    Website - Soy of the North
    Blog - If Soy Candles Could Talk
    Twitter - random thoughts
    Facebook - more random thoughts

Comment

Good plan with the ice cream tubs! I like having things altogether and neatly stacked so that could work
      My Homemade Life

Comment

Plus if you don't have enough ice cream tubs, it gives you an excuse to go out and buy more ice cream!

Stephen
        Website - Soy of the North
        Blog - If Soy Candles Could Talk
        Twitter - random thoughts
        Facebook - more random thoughts

Comment

Those clear plastic food containers like you get at a takeaway are great for storing small things...with lids they stack briliantly and you can see what's inside. They sell them in pound shops ten for a pound. Cereal boxes with edges cut away (magazine file style) or pizza boxes , taped/glued together and covered in pretty paper make great doc/paper storage. Ordinary cans (soup, baked beans etc) - washed out of course - or compressed card food containers (gravy and Hot chocolate type) decorated make great desktop pen/tool holders or you can punch a hole in them and hang them on hooks/wall mount them...likewise old plastic beakers...

Can you tell I have storage issues too ? LOL

Comment

Well you are no end of help with my storage issues. So basically anything made pretty works!! Awesome I will root through the big box of card I have everyone collecting in the kitchen.Thanks!
            My Homemade Life

Comment

What about the boxes for storage of fruits? They are so huge. I use this variant for storage of my craft progects
              personalised birthday cards

Christmas greeting cards

Comment

i use old VHS tape boxes - you know the clear outer cases? I had tons of videos which are now in heaven and kept the boxes. they are clear too so you can see whats in them and they stack on end so save space too
                Wendy x

http://pixiedustjewellery.blogspot.com/ - My New Blog

http://icraft.moonfruit.com Hull & East Yorkshire's Craft Group

http://facebook.com/pages/Pixie-Dust...28723157141186 my Facebook Page

Comment

Both good ideas but I dont have and videos to dispose of gr. Where would I get a fruit box?
                  My Homemade Life

Comment

Originally posted by Christa View Post
                    Those clear plastic food containers like you get at a takeaway are great for storing small things...with lids they stack briliantly and you can see what's inside. They sell them in pound shops ten for a pound. Cereal boxes with edges cut away (magazine file style) or pizza boxes , taped/glued together and covered in pretty paper make great doc/paper storage. Ordinary cans (soup, baked beans etc) - washed out of course - or compressed card food containers (gravy and Hot chocolate type) decorated make great desktop pen/tool holders or you can punch a hole in them and hang them on hooks/wall mount them...likewise old plastic beakers...
                    I love these ideas. I have used some of them but not all. I used soap powder boxes for magazine style files. I have them in all sizes and they really are strong. I've used cereal boxes but I doubled them up as they are not so strong. I look at things and when I'm out shopping and think 'what can I do with that when I'm finished with it'.
                    I've use old salad cream and ketchup squeezy bottles for my left over paint and varnish.

Jan x
                    My Blog http://handcraftedbypicto.blogspot.com/
                    My Facebook http://www.facebook.com/HandcraftedbyPicto
                    My Folksyhttp://www.folksy.com/shops/HandcraftedbyPicto
                    My Wow Thank Youhttp://www.wowthankyou.co.uk/handcrafted-by-picto

Comment

Attaching new boxes to your current box - might it get a bit unwieldy?

Storing up things for future use (even if not too far off) - you need lids as your materials get dusty or even sun fade...

SO. My fave thing to do is go to cigar shops - most liquor stores have cigars, too - and get free or next-to-nothing cigar boxes! Some are so pretty! The only problem is that you can't see in without opening them, but you can make pretty little labels to go on the outside. Some boxes have dividers that are handy. Many have thin pieces of wood in them, loose. Many have pretty pieces of ribbon in them. You can make a loop out of the ribbon and glue it just under the front center of the lid to make opening the box easier....makes a little tab.

And while your there, always look for empty boxes of Acid Cigars (Cuban). They are gorgeous boxes and smell absolutely divine. I am always sniffing them. Have one right here...just took a sniff. Sigh. =) AND, they have the coolest labels!!

I wish I could bottle their fragrance and add it to my soap...

My dog grooming friend makes abundant use of plain old cardboard cigar boxes for her sewing things and dog grooming clipper blades. You'd like her, KayleighAnn...she is SO in to recycling. She buys old clothing at thrift shops and cuts them up to make dog fashions...she even makes party dresses for little froufrou dogs...
                      Last edited by removed10; 03-06-2011, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X