How much has anyone ever made at a craft fair - whats your record

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much has anyone ever made at a craft fair - whats your record

I would love to know what a crafters record sales have been at craft fair - obviously based on what they were selling as well. This was something i just thought about reading a thread about crafters moaning about organisers fees and visa versa . It would be interesting to hear how much anyone has ever made and maybe give some hope to the people who have never had a stall at a fair

Hi,
    I have done many fairs both as a cosmetics seller and more recently for my own Candle Business. My record takings would have to be £60.00 for a Christmas fair at our local school, plus another £40.00 of orders. Definitely worth the £10.00 stall fee and raffle donation
    Caroline x

Comment

Craft fairs vary from £0.00 to £150.00, party plan events from £90.00 to £600.00. No two events will ever be the same you can do the same day, same venue etc and do well at one and not the other. I have found that atm sales in general are down and think like us the public are only buying what they need to. Use any event as a good way to get yourself known, plenty of business cards or leaflets use it as a networking opportunity and don't bank on the sales side, if you look at the advertising potential a cheap way to get your products out there.

Comment

Thats what I would think you are promoting yourself and if people can see the quality they can go to your web site after and buy with confidence - its really hit and miss with hand made stuff - but ive been to fairs and seen loads of stuff I want but only buy the odd thing but if you have the flyers or contact details you feel more inclined to buy off them because you have seen there work - but back to the thread I was just curious if anyone had just smashed it and what their best day had been

Comment

Best sales probably in the region of £100 (very rare I take anything near that amount) - but that is before expenses. Worst sales 45p.

Linda

Comment

My best day - about $60...

My husband's best day - over $2,000...he makes guitars.

Comment

It's very difficult to compare takings unless you compare comparative crafts.
              My best was £189 but when you consider how much it costs to do a craft fair in manhours (preparation, travelling and time spent manning the stall) + how much the items cost to produce + the cost of the stall, you do wonder if it's worth it.
              My worst was no takings at all, so in reality I made a loss.
              I have to say though that it can be an enjoyable day.
              My view is that most people visit craft fairs for 'somewhere entertaining to go' and only buy if they spot what they consider to be a bargain - only a few actually go with the intention of buying handcrafted items.
              I strongly believe that stalls in craft fairs that are so obviously selling items that have been mass produced should not be there! Craft fairs are for handmade items.
              Annie and Lyn
              www.rosiepink.typepad.co.uk

Comment

Totally crazy but the best fair i ever did was at my son's school it was freezing cold on a night and no one turned up! I sold a lot to the other crafters chidren and walked away £60 up! I couldn't believe it, never had that success since though so i don't attend many fairs anymore.
                Bubbleicious http://www.fimo-heaven.com
                Folksy Shop http://www.folksy.com/shops/SweetFimoHeaven
                Twitter http://twitter.com/#!/fimo_heaven
                Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fimo-H...27078970739421

Comment

Best ever was £1500 in a single day and £4,500 over 4 days and we took around £25,000 over several weeks averaging around £500 a day for a Christmas Market. We were probably the top selling show and event type truning and woodcraft business of the last 20 years in the UK before before becoming a full time online business. We had our nightmare events when we took practically nothing. You have to not get too excited when you have a good day and don't be too disappointed when you have a bad day.

Comment

I've never had a fair where I sold zilch but my worst was £3.95 after a 2 hour trip to get there, I sell jewellery. my best ever was last August 2 day event table cost £50 for the 2 days I took around £645 doing the same fair this year been promised the same place. so watch this space.... LOL
                    Handmade jewellery, to buy gifts or just to treat yourself visit my website, commissions welcome or join me on facebook for a chat

Comment

I can remember when it seemed to take ages counting all the £10 and £20 pound notes and card sales after a show ready for the bank and at some shows and having customers six deep and taking money like it was going out of fashion and others where you wonder when the next 50p is going to come from. But I think if you have a nice range of special products at all prices you can do well almost anywhere. When we took £1500 in a aday it was back in the 90's when there was lots of money about and people didn't flinch at spending £50 or £100 but it became a bit like pulling teeth to get those big sales over the last decade.

Comment

I've just done my first two fairs and made a profit of around £70 at each. Both were at local festivals, at one I was in the Craft Tent (£25), the other was a
                        music, arts and dance event where I had a stall in the 'green' field (£30).

I sell handcrafted soap.

Comment

I've only ever done 1 'fair' and one pamper party for a friend...takings were about the same for both £120 or so on the night and about £200 in orders from people who prefered to order online at a later date....but the table at the fair was free and I gave my friend a basket of goodies for hosting the party...so outlay was minimal...

I decided it wasn't worth packing up the car and driving to a venue for such piffling amounts....so haven't done any since...
                          for bath bomb, soap & Skincare kits
                          plus Soap Base, Bath Bomb Ingredients, Butters,
                          Oils and packaging for Bath & Body Products

Comment

Worst was £25 when I took purely silver jewellery all priced at £25, the stall had fortunately been free.
                            I did the exact same fair 2 years later and took about £230 - the stall had cost a tenner and I took far more varied items costume and silver jewellery, bags and sock creatures ranging from £3.50 to £50. I sold items from every price point - although mainly under £10 - and couldn't wrap and pack fast enough with queues at my table. I had to take a break whilst husband served so that I could make some more stock - costume jewellery - as it was going so quickly my stall ended up looking abit pathetic!
                            Wouldn't it be nice if you could guarantee good sales at every fair!
                            www.belovedly.co.uk
                            www.mybelovedlylife.blogspot.com
                            www.belovedly.folksy.com

Belovedly facebook group

Comment

I think that's the thing with craft fairs, or village fete type things - people don't bring alot of money with them, so unless you have a card machine it's the pocket money type items that will go rather than large pieces.

I did a stall a few years back at the village fete, which is very well known locally, just selling handmade cards, notebooks and trinket boxes and made £120 which really surprised me.
                              http://luckandcharm.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X