Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• diane2
    replied
    ooh only just gone back and checked back on this thread i started ... thanks so much everyone .. i now know its not just a problem for me ! i have started to be a little more careful in keeping sealed in bags etc but may have to think of replacing with sterling silver as several people have stated it keeps tarnish free for longer.

thanks so much for all your comments
    diane

Leave a comment:

• appatite
    replied
    I've switched to Sterling because it's so much easier to clean when this happens. You have to be so careful with the silver plate, the time you spend making it shine again doesn't seem to be worth what you paid in the first place.

Leave a comment:

• shpangle
    replied
    You could try giving silver plated jewellery a light polish with Renaissance Wax... might prevent tarnishing to some extent!

Mick

Leave a comment:

• jencel
    replied
    Silver plated is, unfortunately, not as easy to clean as sterling. Try keeping them in sealed plastic bags when they're not in use. This should protect them for longer.

Leave a comment:

• CarLisaCrafts
    replied
    Hello.. i used to use Silver Plated myself but found similar so I have swapped to Stirling. I do still use some jump rings and a few odds and ends but I just found it frustrating to keep replacing all the time xx

Sorry I don't have answers caron x

Leave a comment:

• diane2
    started a topic tarnish on silver plated problem ..

tarnish on silver plated problem ..

hi
    i make silver plated hand made jewellery but my stock keeps getting tarnished and now i seem to have to replace most of what iv made .. even the findings which have not been exposed much seem to have become tarnished ... what im i doing wrong .. does anyone else have this problem ? iv even tried cleaning with soda but the tarnish is so bad even that does not seem to help.

hoping someone might be able to help.
    diane
Working...
X