packaging problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• packaging problems

hi all ,i do a bit of glass engraving but dont want to start selling untill i get my packaging sorted out,ive trawled all sorts of places but cant find anything i could package and post,,,say an engraved wineglass in . . . .please help its driving me nuts suz
    suzi

Not only do you want it to be protected, you want it to look nice when they open the box! Hard to accomplish both sometimes...

Well, we've found that cutting cardboard in foot long strips (strips the width of the box in each direction) going across the corrugations (so they don't run the length of the strip, but go across it) and then rolling it into a little "column" and securing it with string or rubber bands, and placing all around the fragile item, really protects the item. I'd first wrap the goblet in bubble wrap or something prettier but soft and cushiony, lay it on some foam sheeting, and then support the sides of the box with these little cardboard columns might be a good start. The little columns should go in both directions inside the box - front to back and side to side...maybe some long enough to go top to bottom? Rolled cardboard can be very strong!

Just some ideas.

Comment

yes,warped the line carefully into the round shape,then use some polyfoam,i always do that.

Where there is will ,there is a way

Comment

Swift Hart do some lovely boxes for glassware etc, you would then have to put in another box and these costs would have to be included in the sale but think what a beautiful gift to open for your customers:

Swift Hart and Bag n Box Man does the same along with postal boxes.

Comment

THANK YOU thank you thank you,i was begining to pull out my hair you all replied so quickly too ,))) much appreciated
          suzi

Comment

Working...
          X