Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• photoshop help please

Hi,
    I tried for ages to crop a picture. It's a round bowl and I just want the bowl showing with no background. Can anyone tell me the best way to do it? The picture is on my home page:
    www.animalglass.co.uk

Much appreciation in advance!
    Karen

Open in P/S, select the cookie cutter tool (full blacked in circle from the shapes) then you can cut out a circle with no background. Double click on picture to apply then save as jpeg.

Comment

Which version of photoshop are you using? I think the instructions above refer to elements rather than full CS.

Whilst you can cut out the shape (using either the round marquee tool or by masking) the real problem is that the whole image needs brightening - using the levels tool would be a good way to do this, and would leave the remaining bit looking better too!
      george
      www.mizgeorge.co.uk
      www.etsy.com/shop/mizgeorge
      www.flickr.com/mizgeorge

Comment

I'll look for the cookie cutter - thanks.

Hi Miz George, I'm using photoshop 7. I have tried using the contrast/brightness is that what you mean? It can't go to bright as it loses the blackness.

Comment

Do cntrl + L on your keyboard for the levels tool. When the box comes up, there is a slider at each end, on the right to lighten, and on the left to darken. It's much better than the brightness/contrast one.
          Celia
          I can't be creative and tidy too
          www.jencel.co.uk for beads, findings and threads
          The Occasional Sheffield Bead Shop
          Jencel on Facebook

Comment

I cant find a cookie cutter, but I've found a magic wand...I think I may be getting somewhere!

Comment

Sorry I posted my reply before yours came through Celia. I'll have a go now!

Comment

You won't find the cookie cutter in Photoshop, as I said before, it's only in Elements.

If you go into the Levels tool, you'll see a set of little eyedroppers in the bottom right. Pick the white one (white level) and click this on the background (which should be white). This should leave you with a much better balance and far less shadow erasing to do.
                george
                www.mizgeorge.co.uk
                www.etsy.com/shop/mizgeorge
                www.flickr.com/mizgeorge

Comment

Thanks Miz George. I didn't know what yo meant by 'elements' I thought you meant it was a part of photoshop.
                  I'll try again with the instructions you have given. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X