Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh Gosh.. My Table is Groaning With Stock!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh Gosh.. My Table is Groaning With Stock!!

A few weeks ago we got two huge boxes of my old stock down from the attic and today I have managed to find time to open them and give them a good old inspection to see what I can

take with me to the craft fair I am doing on Sunday.

I have decided I will sell all the dogs, cats, elephants, bears, rabbits etc etc for just £1.50 and the others stuff for not much more as they are just sitting taking up room.

Just took a few quick picture to show you the 'army of figurines' on my table

DSCF1149.JPGDSCF1147.JPGDSCF1144.JPGDSCF1145.JPG DSCF1150.JPG DSCF1148.JPG

From cows, hens, sheep, roses on hearts, clowns dolls, teddies in dresses, hat magnets and on and on and on.........makes me wonder where I found the time to make them all!! LOL.

table top.JPG DSCF1146.JPG

You think I may do well with selling them for just a pound or two?

Pauline
    Personalised Wedding Cake Toppers

You think I may do well with selling them for just a pound or two?
    Personally I think you'd be nuts selling them that cheaply. OK maybe some of the smaller ones but from what I can see I would have thought you could stagger prices going up to a fiver for some. Just because you want to get rifd of a load of stuff doesn't mean you have to rob yourself. You still need to cover costs ideally. It looks like you have a lot of really good things there and to flog it off that cheaply will undermine your other stuff.

Just my two pennorth LOL

Pete
    "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
    Facebook

Website

Comment

What a motley looking crew!! I love them all and think you could get a couple of quid for them at least. Even though they are old stock to you, if they aren't damaged then don't undersell yourself - you still had to put the work in!

Why not do an offer where there is a discount for buying a few items together (buy 5 for the price of 4 type of thing). This way, you should move quite a few at a time and taking more money and the customer is getting a great deal too!

Good luck with them - I look forward to hearing how you get on at your next fair.

(I have to say I am more than a little worried about the black cat with a broken tail who is sitting on his head! I feel there may be some psychological issues going on with that little chap!)
      Ali x

Etsy Shop: aliscraftstudio.etsy.com
      Facebook: AlisCraftStudio
      Follow me on Twitter:
      @AlisCraftStudio

Comment

Wow that is a lot of stock! I think there will be a lot of interest so I agree with Pete about not selling too cheaply. Good luck, fab items!

cj
        www.curiouscatcreative.co.uk
        Become a facebook fan
        Check out my blog

Comment

I third that, don't sell too cheaply. Especially the topical stuff the Spring flowers, easter rabbits and chickens. Know what you mean about a clear out, you keep making and it sort of overwhelms you when you gather it all together. Feel like that when I have a sort out for a craft fair.

Good luck with the fair on Sunday.

Mo.XX
          Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
          Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
          www.bodrighy.co.uk
          https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

No certainly don't sell too cheaply. Juts because they were made a while ago, doesn't mean they're not exactly what someone is looking for. By the way, how long does it take you to set up and pack away your stall???
            Wid

Comment

Again, agree don't sell them too cheaply but...........if you want to get rid then sell at the price you want to but put a big SALE sign up - that way it doesn't undermine your other items and people think they are getting a bargain (which of course they will be).

Comment

Thanks for feedback and you have made me look at not selling too cheaply now

I originally booked the craft fair for my wedding toppers but these wont sell on the day so I am going to half the table off with cake toppers and the other half with this stock in the hope that I take in some money on the day.

As for packing up and setting up my stall, well I've never done both the toppers and other stuff before... my cake topper stall I can set up in about an hour and I use about 4 to 5 of those large plastic containers. With having this other stuff I have a feeling its going to take me a bit longer and a couple more boxes.

If I have time tomorrow, I may even try to set them out on the table to have a trial run.

Pauline
                Personalised Wedding Cake Toppers

Comment

OMG Pauline they are all gorgeous. You are so clever.
                  I have just added £3 items to my table and they are flying out so dont go too low on price.
                  Let us know how you get on.
                  It's a shame some of your little girl figures couldnt hold a little white plaque or something that you personalise with a name as they would be even more sellable.
                  Lisa x
                  http://www.dreamstardiary.blogspot.com
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/cottonsanddreams/
                  New Blog http://stylesofcooking.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by bodrighy View Post
                    Personally I think you'd be nuts selling them that cheaply. OK maybe some of the smaller ones but from what I can see I would have thought you could stagger prices going up to a fiver for some. Just because you want to get rifd of a load of stuff doesn't mean you have to rob yourself. You still need to cover costs ideally. It looks like you have a lot of really good things there and to flog it off that cheaply will undermine your other stuff.

Just my two pennorth LOL

Pete
                    Adding my two pennorth to Pete's (and all the other) comments. £1.50 is far too cheap for most of it from what I can see.

Edit: Hah! I see you have been convinced to not sell too cheaply. Good luck with the fair.

Linda
                    Last edited by craftdancer; 19-03-2011, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Wow, I bet there's not many can walk past your table with all those gorgeous products and not be able to buy something, they are all wonderful
                      http://www.samigailsgifts.co.uk/
                      Handmade personalised gifts for all occasions created by the art of pyrography
                      My Facebook

Comment

Working...
                      X