Lent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lent

Is anyone giving anything up for Lent? I might join my friend at work and TRY and give up chocolate, though it would be far easier to give up marzipan, because I can't stand the stuff!!
    Wid

I am not going to drink alcohol during the week - I like to have a G&T when I get in from work, so I have stocked up with Apple & Blackcurrant cordial which makes a great hot drink.
    Blog: http://rosmademe.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Roslet View Post
      I am not going to drink alcohol during the week - I like to have a G&T when I get in from work, so I have stocked up with Apple & Blackcurrant cordial which makes a great hot drink.

Ooh that sounds quite nice -maybe it could be my chocolate substitute!
      Wid

Comment

Hey,
        I'm giving up bread, I like to challenge myself each year. One year I gave up meat, that lent has lasted 2 years! Lol j just couldn't stand it when lent was over!

K x
        Kimberley-loving love

Blog
        Facebook Page

Comment

I haven't planned to give up anything. Maybe I should give up being secretly competitive. I was racing someone at work with cross stitch (hers is smaller and she started it weeks before I started mine). I have now finished mine, but know hers is not finished, but the race wasn't fair as she didn't know I was racing her!
          View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Originally posted by indri View Post
            I haven't planned to give up anything. Maybe I should give up being secretly competitive. I was racing someone at work with cross stitch (hers is smaller and she started it weeks before I started mine). I have now finished mine, but know hers is not finished, but the race wasn't fair as she didn't know I was racing her!
            You sound a bit like me! Once I set my mind to something, I just have to get on with it straightaway. Doesn't matter what it is, once the thought is there that's it.

I did think about giving up bread, but I don't know what I'd have for breakfast.... Think I'll stick to the chocolate idea. Even if I only manage a week then it's got to be better than nothing.
            Wid

Comment

Aaaah, it's so nice to be a Pagan and not have to give up anything!!!!
              Daesul

http://www.clairemanwani.com
              http://www.folksy.com/shops/clairemanwani
              http://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/ClaireManwaniPottery

Comment

If it hadn't been for looking on this thread I would have not even realised it was lent or pancake day time, though I didn't actually have any pancakes
                View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Posting.

That will worry all those taking a bet on when I reach 10,000. lol. Fooled you all. (Only joking - I think)
                  Carol
                  God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

You can't give up posting for lent, that is not allowed! Less than 200 posts to go Carol!!
                    View my flickr

Comment

I've given up giving up chocolate

Comment

my friend has given up eating one bar of chocolate at te breaks. she is planning on increasing it to two bars!
                        View my flickr

Comment

Working...
                        X