Feedback appreciated.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback appreciated.

Hi all, I've just set up my website with create and would love to hear some feedback (good or bad) so if anybody has a mo would they mind having a quick peek.

Many thanks
    Claire

www.bellabluebespoke.co.uk
    Claire

hi....am no expert and there will be someone more knowledgable along soon....But there were a couple of things I have picked up....one is that you do not have a contact address on the site.....Distance selling laws say you have to have a contact address. Also you should put some T&C's up....take a look at a few other websites to get a feel of what is needed.

On the plus side it's lovely...loads quickly and is easy to navigate....Well done!!

Oh and your pieces are great!

Sarah x

~ The Lilac Dragonfly- Handmade Jewellery ~

~ Facebook Page ~

Comment

HI

I agree with Loody, you do need those info but your site is lovely. I love the frame, it load quickly, lovely pictures.
      http://www.beadaliciousbeads.co.uk
      http://www.facebook.com/Beadaliciousbeads
      http://beadaliciousbeads.blogspot.com/

Comment

I am also with Create and like the nice simple layout and colours used on your site.

However you do need your mailing address and ideally a landline telephone number as already mentioned to comply with DSR. You also need to have a returns policy including a 7-day 'cooling off' period. You will find more details about what is required here: http://www.oft.gov.uk/about-the-oft/...g-regulations/

I would also (as a visitor) like to see what your postal rate actually is before getting to the checkout. Your Postage Rates link mentions that you have a flat rate per order but it doesn't actually say what it is.

Your photos look nice and clear and the shop layout is good. Well done - I know how long it takes to get your site looking how you want it to - you will still be tweaking it forever more!! I still am after over 2 years!
        Ali x

Etsy Shop: aliscraftstudio.etsy.com
        Facebook: AlisCraftStudio
        Follow me on Twitter:
        @AlisCraftStudio

Comment

I love the background and frame, which fits well with the vintage theme that seems to run through a lot of the pieces, but found the very contemporary fonts (too many on the front page btw) rather out of kilter with the overall style.

Some of the photos were very dark, and very small to be able to really see what the pieces are about - if you have the option to include a larger image, and perhaps some multiple shots, it would definitely help for me.

I found the menu ordering a little strange - and I think I'd have liked it better if all were on a single line. The top level 'shop' felt slightly redundant as all the subcategories were also in the main menu, and the 'tell a friend' seemed far too high in the hierarchy.

I also agree about the postage rate, which could be a little confusing.

I also noticed there was no 'about' page. I think customers like to get a feel for who they're buying from, and this is a great place to include some of the mandatory contact and geographic address information.

Good luck with it - it's much harder work to set up than a lot of people realise at first, and I think you've done a really good job so far!
          george
          www.mizgeorge.co.uk
          www.etsy.com/shop/mizgeorge
          www.flickr.com/mizgeorge

Comment

Originally posted by Loody View Post
            hi....am no expert and there will be someone more knowledgable along soon....But there were a couple of things I have picked up....one is that you do not have a contact address on the site.....Distance selling laws say you have to have a contact address. Also you should put some T&C's up....take a look at a few other websites to get a feel of what is needed.

On the plus side it's lovely...loads quickly and is easy to navigate....Well done!!

Oh and your pieces are great!

I didnt realise I'd missed my contact details out, i will sort them out today and terms and conditions will be good as well. Thanks for having a look.

Claire
            Claire

Comment

Thankyou all for your advice, I will defo be making some changes to website over the next few days.

Claire X
              Claire

Comment

Bella, you might want to change your T&Cs on your postage - what will happen if it is a commission or changing the length of several items, will you still be able to get it out within 24 hours especially if the business takes off? Also what about saying that goods over the value of £20 will be sent recorded signed for... I know that a lot of us have had parcels going missing over the last few months.

It does look a lovely site with some gorgeous items on there.
                Blog: http://rosmademe.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                X