Gift wrapping help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gift wrapping help.

I have an order for a gift wrapped painting - hurray, but here's the dilema. boo

I am wrapping it with nice paper, tag etc, but do I:

1. bubble wrap it first then wrap with the fancy paper,
    or
    2. do I bubble wrap after the fancy paper?

I'm thinking the first, would that be the best way round.
    Amanda
    xx

Is it for postage??

If so i would do the second.
    If the not like you would go with the first.
    Well done on the order
    http://butterbeandesigns.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by michelleC View Post
      Is it for postage??

If so i would do the second.
      If the not like you would go with the first.
      Well done on the order

Thanks, yes its being posted. Normally I would wrap it in bubblewrap then put it in a cardboard box, but the customer has paid for gift wrapping, but I'm thinking it could still get damaged before it gets given as a gift.
      Amanda
      xx

Comment

I would do the 2nd cause they have paid for gift wrapping (so they don't need to do it) - if they are posting it on it is up to them to package it for posting. If I order gift wrapping I would be looking for the parcel wrapped up ready to give to the recipient (does this make sense).

Cheers.

Lisa
        Bowed Over
        Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
        www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

I would expect something like a painting to have bubble wrap around it, even if i got it as a gift, so i would go for the bubble wrap and then gift wrap on top of that option.
          At least then you know you've wrapped it securely.
          http://icecreambird.blogspot.com/

Comment

Bubble wrap, then gift wrap, in a box, posted.
            It's never too late to gyrate!

Comment

You might be looking at a belts and braces issue here - Bubblewrap then gift wrap to protect it in the latter stages (i.e. after postage when it is being presented) but also bubblewrap outside of the gift wrap to protect the item and giftwrap during postage. That's the way I'd do it, since the gift wrapped appearance of your product is as important as the product yourself - if it looks shoddily gift wrapped when the final recipient gets it then it may reflect badly on you. So I suggest double wrap (inside and out of the gift wrap) to protect both the item and your image - An extra bit of bubblewrap won't increase costs that much.
              www.woodsprites.co.uk

Comment

Thanks guys. In the end I bubbled wrapped and then gift wrapped, then bubble wrapped again. I didn't want the gift wrapping to get battered in the post, now I feel its got a good chance of getting there in tact.
                Amanda
                xx

Comment

Working...
                X