Light Tent.....Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light Tent.....Help!!

Have been taking pictures all day with my new light tent......All the pics are coming out far darker!!! My original pics look far better.....advice please

3mm f'ship.jpg3mm fb.jpg

Without light tent With light tent

Sarah x

~ The Lilac Dragonfly- Handmade Jewellery ~

~ Facebook Page ~

What lights are you using wth it? Also what sort of exposure are you using?

Pete
    "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
    Facebook

Website

Comment

Am using a daylight craft lamp....but think I need something a lot brighter and to have 2 of them......feel disappointed that i didn't forsee this problem
      Sarah x

~ The Lilac Dragonfly- Handmade Jewellery ~

~ Facebook Page ~

Comment

i use one of these http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...er/0027162.htm

cj
        www.curiouscatcreative.co.uk
        Become a facebook fan
        Check out my blog

Comment

Loody i think the "with tent" have more clarity I think its just a matter of the right light
          Wow Cj thats heavy duty - but your pics are good !
          Chris xx
          My Website
          My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Kiamyka View Post
            Loody i think the "with tent" have more clarity I think its just a matter of the right light
            Wow Cj thats heavy duty - but your pics are good !
            lol yes it is a bit, but I could never get enough light. With this I have it at a slight angle, rather than full on one of the sides. Just takes a bit of experimenting. But for £10 you can't beat it!!
            www.curiouscatcreative.co.uk
            Become a facebook fan
            Check out my blog

Comment

if I take photos with my light tent alone they come out that dark. I use a bright craft light either side of the tent, shining right against the side of the light tent.

I also have to fiddle with the exposure settings and white balance on the camera and always use a tripod. Finally the images are processed with photoshop etc.

So I wouldn't give up hope just yet - you just need to find the right combination of things to tempt the images out of all the chaos!

Emma
              Emma
              www.ejrbeads.co.uk - unique art beads & more
              www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop - beads, polymer clay, glitters and inks oh my
              www.facebook.com/EJRBeads - Like me at Facebook!

Comment

I don't know if its the same these days with all the technology but light meters always used to give a setting for average range of tones so if there was a lot of highlitews (white in a picture it would come out grey. i believe this is what is happeing to you so even if you used sronger lights the results would be similar. What i believe you need to do is compensate the exposure by adjusting the settings on the camera
                exposure adjust +1,+2 or in old money open up by 1 to 2 stops or halve,quarter the file speed (ASA) setting. As has been said though a tripod is necessary as if you uses a small aperture to get a good depth of field the shutter speed will be slower and give blurry picture through camera shake.
                Pat Murphy

http://www.gladturnings.co.uk
                https://www.facebook.com/GladTurnings.Woodturning

Comment

Working...
                X