Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone heard of or using Frooly??

Hey all

I had an email a last wek from some people setting up a new website along the same(ish) lines as MISI/Folksy, called Frooly. As I'm desperately trying to increase my web presence, and have just set up shops on MISI and Folksy, and given that Frooly is "supposed" to be free (though they do charge commission, naturally), I thought I'd give it a go; especially as I've taken some really nice pics of my chainmaille recently.

But I'm now having nothing but problems . Can't add anything to my shop, as there's a problem with the Google category suggestion thing, and I'm not finding it very user-friendly at all.

So I was wondering if anyone else has heard of it or is trying it, and to see if anyone can tell me what I'm doing wrong as I've had no response to my requests to the site team (it's been a couple of days).

To be honest, this is filling me with much confidence, and I'm beginning to wish I hadn't bothered. Not a good start

Sarah Gail Designs
    Sarah Gail Designs on Facebook
    Crafty Cat Events
    Crafty Cat Events on Facebook

They contacted me too and I'm guessing it's very new. Like all new things, it will have its problems and glitches.

Also, any website will take time to take off - this will be no exception, I'm sure.
    digital stamps for cardmakers: http://www.handmadeharbour.co.uk
    blog: http://handmadeharbour.blogspot.com
    hand painted personalised plaques, clocks, canvases, etc: http://www.1stuniquegifts.co.uk
    blog: http://www.1stuniquegifts.co.uk/blog

Comment

Hi muffin789, my name is Gemma Baldan, i'm from frooly. Firstly I want to apologise for the issues you experienced when trying to upload your products.

Over the last 2 years we have built frooly to be as quick and easy to use as possible, and want to make life easier for you, not more difficult.

I believe you have now spoken to a member of our team who is looking into the issue for you. Your personal account manager is available between 9 and 6, and is on hand to upload products on your behalf if you'd like to get things moving quickly.

frooly is free, we only take a commission when you sell something, so its in all our interests to succeed. Unlike any other marketplace frooly allows you to fully customise your boutique in your own style and colours, adding your own domain name and logo etc.

frooly also automates everything to help your business get found, your site is linked to facebook, google and google product search, hence the need for the product categories when adding products. We want to showcase the best makers, creators and sellers, and are excited to have you on board.

Please feel free to contact me directly [email protected] should you need anything else at all.

Comment

Thanks for your response Gemma; I have spoken to someone from the team, and yes I'm hopeful I'll be able to use the shop facility soon.

I'm sure you can understand my frustration, though. The stuff I looked at before registering with Frooly made it look pretty simple, so when I experience problems trying to add the first item to my shop it was a bit of a let-down.

It also wasn't very clear how to contact the team to let them know about the issue, and I didn't know if the bug report I filed had been picked up.

I like the look of Frooly, and can see it being a big help to my business once the teething troubles are ironed out.

Sarah Gail Designs
        Sarah Gail Designs on Facebook
        Crafty Cat Events
        Crafty Cat Events on Facebook

Comment

No problem at all one of our team has left you a voicemail this afternoon to talk you through everything - feel free to give us a call back, we're about until 6pm.

Many thanks

Comment

Working...
          X