Facebook fan page upgrade feb/mar 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook fan page upgrade feb/mar 2011

I dont know if anyone has noticed this yet but there is an upgrade available for fan pages. Personally I don't quite know what to make of it but I found out about it via Folksy as I randomly looked through their forums and I found this image Haptree posted. I am currently looking at it but can't fathom out if its a good or bad thing. On the upgrade link above there were about 700+ comments and I started getting bleary eyed trying to read them lol.

So I wouldn't mind others oppinions but it seems that whatever we say its going live in March and will probably be forced into having it then.

I will look forward to reading others thoughts.

Drew
    Our Website & Blog (work in Progress)
    our Facebook page
    follow me on Twitter @handywoodcrafts

LOL .. I haven't the foggiest but I upgraded anyway becasue like you say we are going to have to do it within the next few weeks so might as well try and get used to it now ...

I can't figure out the user name thing ... it won't let me save the name I want (am using now) ... ???

It does say we should be able to see when posts are replied to now which is good ... no more ignoring people and lost sales ...
    http://www.folksy.com/shops/GothicFusion
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Got...28851500470172
    http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/missie_miss/
    Jaci-Ann

Comment

I've just upgraded my pages and hmmmm, not sure at all. There are good points - we can now see notifications of comments/likes on the wall and pics - but there are bad points too - unless you view your page in Admin View the posts and comments don't appear in order ie most recent posts don't appear at the top of the page so you have to be aware and remember to view it that way otherwise you could miss a comment. Bad move I think unless they make some further changes and remedy the bad points.

Comment

Ok so will someone please expliane this to me like the halfwit that im feeling like right now, How do I go about reliking everyone that i had previously liked using my personal profile. I have upgraded the page and i know how to switch from my personal profile to Handywoodcrafts but thats about it this is a lot of "expeltive delitives" and the help notes on face book are a fat lot of use.

Anyone have a clue?

Drew
        our Facebook page

Comment

Just gone a looked at mine and think it is am improvement, but a little tricky to get to grips with especially when remembering to swap back to your normal name.

If you go to your page and find the Edit on the right hand side , you can set this preference:

Posting Preferences:Always comment and post on your page as your page name even when using Facebook as Your name .Note: You're currently using Facebook as your page name. To use Facebook as your real name, go to Account at the top of any page.

You can also change this by unticking the buttom

Email Notifications:Send notifications to your email address when people post or comment on your page.

hope that helps

I have lost a post before I realised it was on normal profile and then you also get your page "home" where you can see all the posts on your page.

I will like it better as you keep it separate.

Just need to use it more.

I dont seem to have lost any "likes" they all seem to still be there.
          Last edited by Bogwell4018; 11-02-2011, 07:29 PM.
          If you dont have a go ................... you will never know

https://www.facebook.com/HatPiece

www.HatPiece.co.uk

Comment

Yes I have already done that but if you go to any of the pages you have already liked using your personal profile and are using your new business profile you have to relike them as your business, so effectivly having to relike the same page. I think the concept is to have seperate business likes to your personal likes and just have relevant messages showing from liked business on your business page. I personally dont want to end up having my personal page and business page spammed with duplicate messages.

Drew
            our Facebook page

Comment

I have had an email from fb giving a "special announcement " about the upgrde which will be done automatically on 10th March. There was an option to preview which I did . My likers were showing as friend requests in the preview. Very nxious about doing the upgrade in view of all the problems you are all having. I did notice in one of the admin/settings tabs that all my likers were listed. Don't know if you will find yours by searching all the admin tabs.
              Nikkii at Rosebud Crafts www.rosebudcrafts.co.uk
              Like us on Facebook : Rosebud Crafts - Grandma, Granddaughter and Pup
              Follow us on Twittter: Nikkii Griffith @RosebudCrafts
              Follow our blog: rosebudcrafts.blogspot.com

Comment

God I'm dreading this change over, worried I might lose stuff on my page and I hate change. I'm not the most computer literate so when I get used to one thing I don't want to have to change!

Carol
                Carol
                http://www.facebook.com/#!/CarolShawJewellery

Comment

I upgraded my page this morning and put a post on it. One of the features is impressons which tells how many times the post has been seen on your wall or in friends feeds. The post I put on after the upgrade had a count of 86, the last post before the upgrade had a count of 237 on the 5th Feb but a post on the 1st was 442 so so something is not quite right in that most of the networking I had been doing appears to have been lost
                  Pat Murphy

http://www.gladturnings.co.uk
                  https://www.facebook.com/GladTurnings.Woodturning

Comment

I've been head in the sand about this change...it takes me a while to get used to how things like fb operate, so I decided not to upgrade yet.

But, I just had a thought...if we wait until they make us upgrade in March, maybe some of the teething troubles will have been sorted ?
                    Celia
                    I can't be creative and tidy too
                    www.jencel.co.uk for beads, findings and threads
                    The Occasional Sheffield Bead Shop
                    Jencel on Facebook

Comment

Ok after much explaining and lots of hissy fits from me my lovely wife has explained to me that its like having 2 accounts or more if you have more than 1 page. So on my personal newsfeed I will see all my friends feeds etc and any pages I have liked including craft related pages up till now, if I switch to Handy woodcrafts and click the home button I will see a newsfeed but with just feeds from pages I have liked with my handy woodcrafts profile. So basically if I delike all the craft related pages with my personal account all I will see from now on is feeds from friends and pages I have liked with that profile. This is a way we can seperate all the business related feeds from personal stuff. I have read on another news feed from someone that only likes from peoples personal profiles will count as a like though, so if a business page likes you your like count wont go up apparently (TBC).

It seems the major bugbear is with the order of relevance that facebook puts on wall posts for business pages and most people are wanting chronological order put back, I have to agree with this.

Drew
                      our Facebook page

Comment

I have now upgraded after making copious lists of likers and favourites in case I lost them. So far, so good. The switching between business and personal is a pain and I keep posting in the wrong mode but my stuff is displaying in right order ( doesn't have to be in admin view for me ) and likes and favourites still there. Infact, so far everything seems ok and its been a case of relocating things in the layout instead of as tabs. Early days so it may all yet go wrong. Like the fact you can now add your business page status updates direct to twitter as well as the reverse happening ( twitter to facebook ) tho you have to click to link on page then change to personal then select page !!!! Hopefully by sleeping on it, things won't seem so hopeless and tiresome this morning, Drew.
                        Nikkii at Rosebud Crafts www.rosebudcrafts.co.uk
                        Like us on Facebook : Rosebud Crafts - Grandma, Granddaughter and Pup
                        Follow us on Twittter: Nikkii Griffith @RosebudCrafts
                        Follow our blog: rosebudcrafts.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                        X