Opinions Please!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions Please!!

I would appreciate some comments on some photos i've taken to put on my website (if i ever finish it)
    I've had a right headache fiddling, swearing and generally throwing stuff about, but i took these today.
    I wanted them all to look consistent....
    This is just a few..
    Are they good enough to go on a website? I know i've been going on about photos a bit but i have a huge fear of people going on the site and thinking the photos are a load of rubbish...(or even worse that the jewellery is rubbish! eeeeeeek)
    Any comments appreciated...
    http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/b...lishedWire.jpg
    http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/b...onBracelet.jpg
    http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/b...PinkLariat.jpg
    http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/b...lueTreaded.jpg
    http://icecreambird.blogspot.com/

Your jewellery looks great!!! I think the black background works well as it brings out the colours. The only thing I'd say is that they do look a little out of focus but I'm not a camera expert so not sure how you fix that - anyone else offer any advice?
    Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

Your jewellery is lovely, I agree with Katian that the ground shows the colours beautifully, and they do look consistant which is very important. Can't wait to see the site. When its is going to go live?
      Amanda
      xx

Comment

When i get my head around Mr Site!!!!!!
        I gave up on it for a few weeks as i lost the will to live but i thought today was a good day to take photos...
        I'm kind of aiming for October as i'm doing the big shopping event at Nacton so i'm thinking that will be the 'Launch' of me and the jewellery empire hehehehe.....
        The other problem of course is the day job.... the shop is heaving with people this year, all wanting ice cream!!!!!! we are making about 200 litres a week at the moment....... and it can only get more with all the nice weather!!
        Thanks for the nice comments on the jewellery, i do agree that some look slightly out of focus which is proving really hard to sort out, think my camera is too fancy for me....!!

Comment

[quote=icecreamgirl;40268]
          I'm kind of aiming for October as i'm doing the big shopping event at Nacton so i'm thinking that will be the 'Launch' of me and the jewellery empire hehehehe.....
          quote]

I've got that event on my calender so I can't wait to see your launch into conquering the jewellery world.
          Amanda
          xx

Comment

Make sure the camera has focused before you take the picture (in the digital cameras you usually get a light to show it has focused). Also, make sure you hand is completely still, as if you move slightly this may cause the blurs. Maybe rest your arm when you take the photos? Hope this helps!!!
            Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

Quite looking forward to Nacton, we have been told we are in the Orangery which is inside the school somewhere... sounds nice and posh though, i'll fit right in hehe

Haha would that be my hand shaking with rage or nerves????!!!
              Hmmm will look for the little light in future, i do find that the photos seem to focus on some beads in the piece but rarely all of them for some reason...

Comment

Right, here's my (brutal) views (for what they're worth...!)

You need to play around with your camera more .... it's not worth going to all the trouble of putting photos on your website if they're out of focus.

Has your camera got a macro button - on most models it's a little flower. You need to have macro on. Some models will let you press it once and then again to get "super-macro". This is the best setting to use, but if not just have it on the ordinary macro setting. Then you need to give the camera a chance to focus - you should see it go from fuzzy to clear in your display. Make sure you focus on the front of your piece, especially if the item is laid down - that way you get the front bit nice and crisp, tailing off into fuzziness.

I also personally don't like dark backrounds as I think they absorb too much light. But that really is personal taste rather than advice about your photos!

Feel free to have a look at my jewellery website to see what I mean - I spent ages and ages faffing about getting my pictures looking like they do now, and even now I'm not completely happy with them. I really want them to look like the photos on beadsbylili's website, like how she's photographed her beads - really white, crisp and bright.
                Blog Website Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by JBJB View Post
                  Right, here's my (brutal) views (for what they're worth...!)

You need to play around with your camera more .... it's not worth going to all the trouble of putting photos on your website if they're out of focus.

Has your camera got a macro button - on most models it's a little flower. You need to have macro on. Some models will let you press it once and then again to get "super-macro". This is the best setting to use, but if not just have it on the ordinary macro setting. Then you need to give the camera a chance to focus - you should see it go from fuzzy to clear in your display. Make sure you focus on the front of your piece, especially if the item is laid down - that way you get the front bit nice and crisp, tailing off into fuzziness.

I also personally don't like dark backrounds as I think they absorb too much light. But that really is personal taste rather than advice about your photos!

Feel free to have a look at my jewellery website to see what I mean - I spent ages and ages faffing about getting my pictures looking like they do now, and even now I'm not completely happy with them. I really want them to look like the photos on beadsbylili's website, like how she's photographed her beads - really white, crisp and bright.
                  Oh my goodness i think i'm in love with you!!
                  I just had a fiddle and found the Macro (whateva that means) in the menu within the Super Close Photos menu. HAHA (too much technology is a dangerous thing for me to be in possession of!!)
                  Feeling verrrrrry dim now but will have another play tomorrow!!
                  Thankyou... Oh i couldn't look at your site as your Bandwidth has expired but have had a peek in the past and i love it it's very nice and colourfull.
                  I've tried doing the white background thing and i think i prefer the black...for my stuff anyway.... Maybe i should start a vote????

Comment

Originally posted by icecreamgirl View Post
                    Thankyou... Oh i couldn't look at your site as your Bandwidth has expired but have had a peek in the past and i love it it's very nice and colourfull.
                    Phew!
                    I thought you might be upset with me for being brutally honest!

My jewellery is on this site :

www.jb-jewellery.co.uk

(unless the bandwidth's run out on that one too!)
                    Blog Website Flickr

Comment

Upset?? Me?? I'm very laid back really, despite what the parole officer may tell you.....
                      Going to have a nosy at you site to (steal some ideas..) errrm i mean to look at your photos.....

Comment

Just have a play around with your pics and then post them on here!!

Personally, I think they would look good if you focus on the front and then the rest is a little out of focus but this will only work with some

Comment

I agree with JB's comments about playing around with the camera to get the best out of it (I know the little manuals are booooring but sometimes worth it to get the right settings). Would also recommend a light box/tent - I think there are usually some reasonably priced ones on eBay these days.
                          Mel

Comment

Working...
                          X