web shop help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• web shop help

hi im wanting to set up an internet shop only i have no idea where to start.

On an incredably tight budget and really cant afford to pay anyone to do it for me.

So if anyone can point in the right direction i would be incredably greatfull.

Thanks

Awwwwwwww dont worry, its all easier than it looks. Try Mr.site .....cant go wrong.

Buy from ebay/wh.smiths amazon etc ...very easy to use.

Have you your domain name yet?
    Debbie
    www.thesilverzebra.co.uk

Contemporary glass fusion designs - sculptures - wall panels - functional items - outdoor sculptures. We also run Silver & Glass workshops here in Cheshire - kiln space also offered.

Comment

i would like millymollycards.com it is available but i havent registerd yet. Thanks for the info.

Comment

If I can manage a Mr Site then I have every confidence you can too. Goodluck with it. and if you get into any trouble their are plenty of us Mr Siters to lend a hand.
        http://butterbeandesigns.co.uk/

Comment

Hi Millymolly

You might find this thread useful http://www.craftsforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3904 from a few months ago I know a lot of the crafters on this forum built their webshop with Mr Site so you'll get plenty of advice here if you do decide to go with it.

Also I'd suggest maybe going with .co.uk for your domain name as it'll be more obvious that you're based here in the UK...also it's usually much cheaper - I'd say buy your domain now so you know you've got it, it's likely to only cost about £2.99 or something silly.

Good luck
          Janette
          Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Hi everyone thanks for the help. im off to buy my domain name. i think your right about co.uk.

its all so exciting. but im racing against the clock. i found a package shop on the web. basically i get a shop template which i can mess about with. and a years hosting for £5.99 a month. first month free. i get up to 500 pages. what do you all think is this a good offer. should i takeitand if i do will this mean i can put all the fancy bits and pieces on like logo etc to personalise it too my business.

if it is anything like my blog template theni will buy it straight away otherwise its Mr. Site for me too.

123-reg.co.uk

Comment

I have a template shop with lycos and that costs me £15+VAT per month so that one sounds like a good price to me.
              Emma
              Luxury craft supplies & magnolia Stamps - Sassy Crafts
              Sassy Crafts Blog
              My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by millymolly View Post
                Hi everyone thanks for the help. im off to buy my domain name. i think your right about co.uk.

its all so exciting. but im racing against the clock. i found a package shop on the web. basically i get a shop template which i can mess about with. and a years hosting for £5.99 a month. first month free. i get up to 500 pages. what do you all think is this a good offer. should i takeitand if i do will this mean i can put all the fancy bits and pieces on like logo etc to personalise it too my business.

if it is anything like my blog template theni will buy it straight away otherwise its Mr. Site for me too.

123-reg.co.uk
                A quick warning! 123reg have been getting some awful feedback in web magazines! It may be worth looking at someone like 1&1 - http://order.1and1.co.uk/xml/order/H...op&__lf=Static

Comment

Thanks beadsage i will give them a try next. thought 123 reg was too good to be true.

Comment

Right after searching high and low i have eventually decided to go with lycos.

EMevans that extra money that you spend is well worth it i have tried the sites and i found that lycos offers pretty much what i need. so hopefully i will be quite happy with their service.

on the down side,it is going to take up to seven days to register domain and site etc. just realised my launch date is only nine days away and not two weeks like i oringinally thought.

Next step PANIC.

Thanks everyone

Comment

Good luck and try not to panic - easier said than done, I know!!

If you want any advice on how things look, layout, colours etc there are always plenty of people to offer it - me included!!

I know how difficult it is as I've been faffing with a new website (and new name!!) for a few weeks and I think I've got something I like and hopefully what everyone else will!!

Comment

cant see anything wrong with your site and name now. when you palnning on reveling all.

Comment

Hopefully in the next few weeks!

At the moment I've not got a shopping cart facility and have dammed ads poping up all over the place, so new name and new website with cart and no ads!! Already got an order from a half completed site!

Comment

thats great news sugarandspice.

ive just checked my email and found that lycos has not accepted my account so im going to have to sort that out today so my launch has been prosponed. what a nightmare. hopefully it is something as simple as i was using a personal account instead of a business account which im opening on friday. otherwise as far as im aware i had more than enough money to cover it.
                            can someone remind me as to why i decided to set up a business in the first place.

Comment

that was simple.

they accept visa just not debit.

i aint happy with the person on customers service desk i had to speak to. dont they know they are there to help.

anyway im going to Mr Site. see if he can help.

Comment

Working...
                              X